YOUR SETUP

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Re: YOUR SETUP

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Now you know how I feel.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

motokid499 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:09 pm I miss back in the day reading through this thread and seeing all the cool unique advanced stabilities people have created. Nowadays looking through here all I see 9 times outta 10 are stabilities i've made that have been passed around lmfao
ooooooof
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Mx-Josh #88

Post by Mx-Josh #88 »

motokid499 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:09 pm I miss back in the day reading through this thread and seeing all the cool unique advanced stabilities people have created. Nowadays looking through here all I see 9 times outta 10 are stabilities i've made that have been passed around lmfao
Right there with you, used to love trying everyone's different setups. Now it's all the same for the most part.
I remember trying Mittocs's setup for the first time and couldn't understand how someone could play with those settings :lol:
JiBuS

Post by JiBuS »

Im searching for some outdoors 250 suspension setup, that could work great on 2020 rF tracks with erode. Somebody?

BTW im running these since 2 years

motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

JiBuS wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:22 pm Im searching for some outdoors 250 suspension setup, that could work great on 2020 rF tracks with erode. Somebody?

BTW im running these since 2 years

This is probably more of a preference thing than anything, but I've felt much more comfortable on erode since running higher preloads and lower spring rates in the shock. One of peters setups he sent me was setup like that and I havent been using high spring rates in the rear since.

Try 45 rear spring rate and 75 rear preload and see how that feels. You might like it.
Tanner Rogers
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

motokid499 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:26 pm Try 45 rear spring rate and 75 rear preload and see how that feels. You might like it.
70**** preload
Tanner Rogers
JiBuS

Post by JiBuS »

[/quote]This is probably more of a preference thing than anything, but I've felt much more comfortable on erode since running higher preloads and lower spring rates in the shock. One of peters setups he sent me was setup like that and I havent been using high spring rates in the rear since.

Try 45 rear spring rate and 70 rear preload and see how that feels. You might like it.
[/quote]

ANd it works for me! Like sometime the bike do something weird, but in general it works well on erode. Thanks again Tanner :)
ronniegoon138

Post by ronniegoon138 »

so ive been looking for suspension setups for quite some time now but i cant find a decent one...
can somebody give me a good 450 outdoors setup?
baker

Post by baker »

Question for all --- how helpful would a page w/ setups compiled from this post be to others? Categorized and named. This thread is 52 pages long and its a lot to page/scroll through to find all of the suggested setups.

I think a general guide on the setups would also help newcomers. "This happens b/c this, so try this..." -- a big part of my difficulty in finding a primo setup has been the scattered suggestions across this post and youtube videos w/ others setups.
AdamoDago
Team: Privateer

Post by AdamoDago »

hey guys wats uppp. hey boys one fucking GOOD setup please? thanks
baker

Post by baker »

Bump. SX in a month. What’s new with setups?
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

baker wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:53 am Question for all --- how helpful would a page w/ setups compiled from this post be to others? Categorized and named. This thread is 52 pages long and its a lot to page/scroll through to find all of the suggested setups.

I think a general guide on the setups would also help newcomers. "This happens b/c this, so try this..." -- a big part of my difficulty in finding a primo setup has been the scattered suggestions across this post and youtube videos w/ others setups.
I want to start a youtube and teach people how to tune each setting, for advanced stability at least. Im no good with suspension, but for stability there seems to be a common misconception that there are good settings and bad settings, and this is simply not the case. There's good setups and bad setups, it all has to do with how the settings work together in unison. Once I started whipping out the calculator to find specific ratios for force and damping the setups started getting a whole lot better. The math is super rough as we arent given any formula's from jlv but its close enough that you can ballpark it and tune the rest to feel.
Tanner Rogers
baker

Post by baker »

motokid499 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:05 pm
baker wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:53 am Question for all --- how helpful would a page w/ setups compiled from this post be to others? Categorized and named. This thread is 52 pages long and its a lot to page/scroll through to find all of the suggested setups.

I want to start a youtube and teach people how to tune each setting, for advanced stability at least. Im no good with suspension, but for stability there seems to be a common misconception that there are good settings and bad settings, and this is simply not the case. There's good setups and bad setups, it all has to do with how the settings work together in unison. Once I started whipping out the calculator to find specific ratios for force and damping the setups started getting a whole lot better. The math is super rough as we arent given any formula's from jlv but its close enough that you can ballpark it and tune the rest to feel.
That would be awesome! In general I like parts of my setup, but I feel certain aspects of it handcuff me in how much I can push into corners or rail most sx berms. And flat corners 😖 I do use an advanced stability based off one of yours I believe, with a few tweaks.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Anyone got any recent SX setups they're willing to share? I'm down bad for one
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
238dean
Team: Underground RC

Post by 238dean »

Here's my 2022 pro motocross setup I've been working on for a while
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5w118pwi ... promx/file