Should we leave the erode

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
quentin vasseur
Team: XTCFactory

Should we leave the erode

Post by quentin vasseur »

I think the erode makes people go away because:
-we need a good pc for play with that
-it destroys the tracks
-there are only one path in the all races
it's the reasons why i did a strawpoll for have your opinion.
https://strawpoll.com/hujs3411x
JamesLayle721
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JL Designs

Re: Should we leave the erode

Post by JamesLayle721 »

I can kinda tell you watch spencer turley a lot. If YOU hate the game, leave. Stop playing, go play mx bikes. Theres easy solutions to these complaints, heres my answers to all of them.

-we need a good pc for play with that A: No you don't, if you don't have a good pc and cant run erode then take all your skins off and get this: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=52589. If you have a bad pc then you probably shouldn't be racing rF anyways, you can easily get kicked from the races when you lag. If you can't even run erode then you probably can't run even run 20 players on a stock track.

-it destroys the tracks A: No it doesn't, if erode is too high then the track will get unrealistic braking bumps and unrealistic ruts and the erode will go faster. If you lower the erode then you will get more realistic ruts and braking bumps and the erode will go slower. That's the difference between 1 and 100 erode. And yes, I understand that you might be talking about pro races where the ruts become giant, the ruts in pro races get better to them since they can rail them but sometimes it gets out of hand. Also, rF most likely puts lots of time into erode testing (1 or more hours), they will decide what level they think will challenge or make the racing more realistic.

-there are only one path in the all races A: Most of the time and in SX races, yes, but its a video game and 1 line will be the quickest until it gets chopped out, but most of the time there is 1 or more riders taking a different line, experimenting and trying to get a better line. In MX this isn't a problem but in SX, sure but irl they dont go inside EVER, except if it is a unique section or corner like a wall or a gator pit, but in mx sim the same thing will translate, if theres a wall that you cant jump to flat or a roller then the inside will probably be used.

Hope this changes your mind or gives you a better idea of erode. Also, I don't mean this to be a hostile argument or any conflict to brew up. One last thing, if you disagree with me I would love to see your ideas about this, if your Quentin (the creator of this topic) or a bystander to this, I would like to see your opinions on erode.
Discord: James Layle#0721
quentin vasseur
Team: XTCFactory

Post by quentin vasseur »

I don't have a better idea but i think the game was better without erode. and i am not only to have this opinion.
sloas
Team: sbfr

Post by sloas »

quentin vasseur wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:07 pm I think the erode makes people go away because:
-we need a good pc for play with that
-it destroys the tracks
-there are only one path in the all races
it's the reasons why i did a strawpoll for have your opinion.
https://strawpoll.com/hujs3411x
I dont think erode should be taken out of the game entirely. I have fun using erode racing with friends all the time. However, a solid argument can definitely be made about erode in competitive series where there are prizes. Then again, a lot of it is just personal opinion. But overall its not problem with sim, its a decision rF has to make.
Michael Dieringer
Team: Privateer

Post by Michael Dieringer »

I think it really depends on how good of a job the Dirt Works crew does on prepping the track in between races. I mean yeah, there's only so much they can do with very little time but its better than nothing really. They usually put too much water down on the track and then you get these big ruts that start to develop and then eventually they turn into trenches. Usually turns into a war zone out there. Dudes flying everywhere on the track once they hit kickers and destroying their bars and sub frames.

Like recently I was practicing for this arena cross race on MXlobby and it rained a lot the night before practice and then the next day the erode was gnarly. Vans getting stuck while trying to enter the pits, it was brutal. Honestly I think erode increases the fun factor but at the same time the Dirt Works crew needs to be on top of their game for sure. Making sure they don't put too much water down on the track and what not.
davidplaysmxgames21

Post by davidplaysmxgames21 »

Michael Dieringer wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:44 pm I think it really depends on how good of a job the Dirt Works crew does on prepping the track in between races. I mean yeah, there's only so much they can do with very little time but its better than nothing really. They usually put too much water down on the track and then you get these big ruts that start to develop and then eventually they turn into trenches. Usually turns into a war zone out there. Dudes flying everywhere on the track once they hit kickers and destroying their bars and sub frames.

Like recently I was practicing for this arena cross race on MXlobby and it rained a lot the night before practice and then the next day the erode was gnarly. Vans getting stuck while trying to enter the pits, it was brutal. Honestly I think erode increases the fun factor but at the same time the Dirt Works crew needs to be on top of their game for sure. Making sure they don't put too much water down on the track and what not.
He be saying the facts ^
Motoboy814
Team: Privateer

Post by Motoboy814 »

JamesLayle721 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:17 pm I can kinda tell you watch spencer turley a lot. If YOU hate the game, leave. Stop playing, go play mx bikes. Theres easy solutions to these complaints, heres my answers to all of them.
Mx bikes is actually good. Better graphics and realistic scrubs. Yea needs work but bikes is looking good In the future
-we need a good pc for play with that A: No you don't, if you don't have a good pc and cant run erode then take all your skins off and get this: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=52589. If you have a bad pc then you probably shouldn't be racing rF anyways, you can easily get kicked from the races when you lag. If you can't even run erode then you probably can't run even run 20 players on a stock track.

-it destroys the tracks A: No it doesn't, if erode is too high then the track will get unrealistic braking bumps and unrealistic ruts and the erode will go faster. If you lower the erode then you will get more realistic ruts and braking bumps and the erode will go slower. That's the difference between 1 and 100 erode. And yes, I understand that you might be talking about pro races where the ruts become giant, the ruts in pro races get better to them since they can rail them but sometimes it gets out of hand. Also, rF most likely puts lots of time into erode testing (1 or more hours), they will decide what level they think will challenge or make the racing more realistic.

-there are only one path in the all races A: Most of the time and in SX races, yes, but its a video game and 1 line will be the quickest until it gets chopped out, but most of the time there is 1 or more riders taking a different line, experimenting and trying to get a better line. In MX this isn't a problem but in SX, sure but irl they dont go inside EVER, except if it is a unique section or corner like a wall or a gator pit, but in mx sim the same thing will translate, if theres a wall that you cant jump to flat or a roller then the inside will probably be used.

Hope this changes your mind or gives you a better idea of erode. Also, I don't mean this to be a hostile argument or any conflict to brew up. One last thing, if you disagree with me I would love to see your ideas about this, if your Quentin (the creator of this topic) or a bystander to this, I would like to see your opinions on erode.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

JamesLayle721 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:17 pm-there are only one path in the all races A: Most of the time and in SX races, yes, but its a video game and 1 line will be the quickest until it gets chopped out, but most of the time there is 1 or more riders taking a different line, experimenting and trying to get a better line.
It's actually kinda sick (and tilting) when you go to hit a rhythm one lap and the lip just isn't there anymore and eroded away, so you need to find alternative lines. I do miss squaring people up in corners and having some sick battles (my battle with Jesse Mullins from Vegas comes to mind) and you can't do that with erode, but it is what it is.
cnigrin285
Team: Boots House

Post by cnigrin285 »

Definitely think erode should be in simulates IRL racing
celtex
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer Life

Post by celtex »

Ddavis wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:22 am
JamesLayle721 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:17 pm-there are only one path in the all races A: Most of the time and in SX races, yes, but its a video game and 1 line will be the quickest until it gets chopped out, but most of the time there is 1 or more riders taking a different line, experimenting and trying to get a better line.
It's actually kinda sick (and tilting) when you go to hit a rhythm one lap and the lip just isn't there anymore and eroded away, so you need to find alternative lines. I do miss squaring people up in corners and having some sick battles (my battle with Jesse Mullins from Vegas comes to mind) and you can't do that with erode, but it is what it is.
it could be cool if we got some premade ruts in some turns so there might be about 4 small ruts so there’s a variety in turns but that’s a little bit of work
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this...I'd have all my X-Mas shopping done.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.