Contacting server loop

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
BanIan
Team: Privateer

Contacting server loop

Post by BanIan »

ive been trying to connect to servers for months now and it always does the contacting server loop, i have the track, latest snapshot, right IP, and a reg key.. i really miss playing with my friends and i would greatly appreciate some help. thanks!
Michael Dieringer

Re: Contacting server loop

Post by Michael Dieringer »

BanIan wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:52 pm ive been trying to connect to servers for months now and it always does the contacting server loop, i have the track, latest snapshot, right IP, and a reg key.. i really miss playing with my friends and i would greatly appreciate some help. thanks!
Are you joining a public server or a private one?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Make sure your router isn't blocking UDP.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
BanIan

Post by BanIan »

Michael Dieringer wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:18 pm
BanIan wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:52 pm ive been trying to connect to servers for months now and it always does the contacting server loop, i have the track, latest snapshot, right IP, and a reg key.. i really miss playing with my friends and i would greatly appreciate some help. thanks!
either of them, and on a private one that my friend owns, im not blacklisted or anything
BanIan

Post by BanIan »

jlv wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:19 am Make sure your router isn't blocking UDP.
i just tried that, if i did the right thing that is. when you say router do you mean my actual router? because when i looked it up it showed me a open UDP port thing with windows firewall
Michael Dieringer

Post by Michael Dieringer »

BanIan wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:35 am
Michael Dieringer wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:18 pm
either of them, and on a private one that my friend owns, im not blacklisted or anything
Alright so when it comes to private networks, make sure your Hamachi is on and make sure you are connected to the network. Make sure you are really putting in the right IP for Sim and make sure your friend actually gives you the right one.

For public servers, all types of servers besides the flowtech ones are case sensitive so make sure the characters that are suppose to be upper case are upper case and vice versa. For flowtech servers, usually what I do is I put a random letter in before the .flowtech part Ex: l.flowtechmxs.com:99999, I do that because I'm lazy lol.

Another thing you can do is make sure windows defender is not blocking mx simulator too. Try turning off the firewall and go into a server once and see if it lets you connect and then try to find a way to give mx simulator permission to go on public networks through windows defender (I forgot how to do this exactly). Don't sit in multiplayer with the firewall off.

If none of the 3 solutions help, then I would contact JLV and see if he can help.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

BanIan wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:42 am
jlv wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:19 am Make sure your router isn't blocking UDP.
i just tried that, if i did the right thing that is. when you say router do you mean my actual router? because when i looked it up it showed me a open UDP port thing with windows firewall
Your hardware router. Seems like Windows firewall will usually produce an error whereas a hardware router just silently drops the packets.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.