Personal folder not working on new harddrive

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
LarsBaso
Team: Privateer

Personal folder not working on new harddrive

Post by LarsBaso »

I installed a new SSD, to use for my operating system. I also want to have my mx simulator on it, because it is faster. I copy pasted the game folder and deleted it on the old harddrive. The game works, and my reg-key works. But the tracks, bikes and gear I install does not show up in game.
Can this be because the game does`nt recognize the personal folder or something, because I did not use the installer?

I dont have the installer, becasue I did not use my own e-mail back in the day when i bought the game. Thanks.
KTM57

Re: Personal folder not working on new harddrive

Post by KTM57 »

Your personal folder is still located on your OS drive (C on Windows) regardless of where you install the game. You can use a symlink if you want to keep your files on a different drive or in a different location. I don't think there's a cleaner way to do it.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 93#p159593

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I read your post too fast and didn't realize that you had simply copied over the files. My guess is that you still need to point your personal folder toward the original personal folder location on your C drive.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The game looks in two folders:

1. The folder the exe is in, usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator" but can be anywhere. (The install folder.)
2. "%localappdata%\MX Simulator" which expands to "C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\MX Simulator\". (Your personal folder.)

I'd recommend putting everything in the install folder except tracks you're using the editor on. This is because the game can only write to the personal folder so when you save in the editor it goes there.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
LarsBaso
Team: Privateer

Post by LarsBaso »

thank you!