2021-03-31 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Re: 2021-03-31 snapshot

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

SKlein wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:03 pm
motokid499 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:22 am
Hi Im Skyqe wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:08 pm .
I don't disagree that things "feel" a bit better with chatter now, but jumping straight into tightening up ruts/etc. will backfire if they don't at least wait until visuals are optimized/improved.
I will reserve judgement until I try it on an actual moto vs fun races where people aren't all funneling into the hot line all moto. It is proven fact that tracks develop completely different in fun moto's or tests vs the actual moto's. From early testing, the fact that a extremely small adjustment from original is somewhat telling to me. I was curious if he had any feasible ideas on the track side of things. Instead it is just him saying rF tracks are broken and that this will force them to change. It sucks but it discredits the hundreds of hours put into what we have now which is pretty good all things considered. I agree, making drastic changes right now does not make sense given JLV's current plans.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Don't get me wrong, for what they are the rF tracks are as good as they get. Nothing else even comes close imo. I think the current rF tracks are some of the most fun tracks i've ever raced on in my entire time playing the game. That's just what they are though, fun tracks. Apologies if I sounded like I was bashing, I'm a huge fan of the tracks in terms of enjoyment. For 'fun tracks' they are simply the best, no doubt.

To say that they are even remotely close to realistic is just cap though. You can't convince me that this pavement level of traction is the answer. I'm excited at the idea of the game allowing us to use closer to real-life tracks, because as we both know it doesn't currently support it. The game becomes too difficult and people give up on realistic tracks because it doesn't ride well. I've always been one to say fuck it, let us struggle on realistic tracks, because at the end of the day, slower racing is better racing. This is just my opinion, but theres a reason I watch sports like rallycross, motocross, short course, etc, and that's because imo slower speeds provide better racing action.

Right now we are currently racing at average speeds MUCH higher than irl, and that just aint it for me. Sure its fun as fuck, but in the main competitive racing league for a SIMULATOR, you're telling me I have to compete on fun tracks?

End of the day I know im in the minority, and quite honestly im willing to bet the racing scene would be much smaller if the tracks were realistic. It would just be too difficult for your average person, demotivating them from continuing.

Not bashing the tracks at all. For what they are, fantastic tracks. I just prefer realism, simple as that.
Tanner Rogers
Seabolt19

Post by Seabolt19 »

motokid499 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:04 am Don't get me wrong, for what they are the rF tracks are as good as they get. Nothing else even comes close imo. I think the current rF tracks are some of the most fun tracks i've ever raced on in my entire time playing the game. That's just what they are though, fun tracks. Apologies if I sounded like I was bashing, I'm a huge fan of the tracks in terms of enjoyment. For 'fun tracks' they are simply the best, no doubt.

To say that they are even remotely close to realistic is just cap though. You can't convince me that this pavement level of traction is the answer. I'm excited at the idea of the game allowing us to use closer to real-life tracks, because as we both know it doesn't currently support it. The game becomes too difficult and people give up on realistic tracks because it doesn't ride well. I've always been one to say fuck it, let us struggle on realistic tracks, because at the end of the day, slower racing is better racing. This is just my opinion, but theres a reason I watch sports like rallycross, motocross, short course, etc, and that's because imo slower speeds provide better racing action.

Right now we are currently racing at average speeds MUCH higher than irl, and that just aint it for me. Sure its fun as fuck, but in the main competitive racing league for a SIMULATOR, you're telling me I have to compete on fun tracks?

End of the day I know im in the minority, and quite honestly im willing to bet the racing scene would be much smaller if the tracks were realistic. It would just be too difficult for your average person, demotivating them from continuing.

Not bashing the tracks at all. For what they are, fantastic tracks. I just prefer realism, simple as that.
after reading all ur posts ngl it sounds like youve never got a dirtbike out of 2nd gear
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

what you think is realistic is skewed because theres no force feedback in the game. Its a simulator, but we dont get that feedback like iRacing. All we have is visual feedback from what we see on screen. Realistic traction people think is too slick, but if you compare it to lean/slip angles irl its damn near perfect, but of course everyone slides out and cries because its too slippery. I just say go fuckin slower and the realistic traction will be fine. Just learn to ride it.
Tanner Rogers
TeeranTomich
Team: Connect Visual

Post by TeeranTomich »

JLV we love you
dp26
Team: Impact

Post by dp26 »

Feels good improvement with erode! Thanks for this update
Muzart
Team: BurbMoto

Post by Muzart »

Soo i have a problem... Usually when u hit the frontbreak you cant give throttle, atleast i coudelnt before the snapshot, Now when i hit the fronbreak and throttle my back wheel keeps spinning.... never been like this before :/ anyone know why? or how i can fix it :<
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Muzart wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:30 pm Soo i have a problem... Usually when u hit the frontbreak you cant give throttle, atleast i coudelnt before the snapshot, Now when i hit the fronbreak and throttle my back wheel keeps spinning.... never been like this before :/ anyone know why? or how i can fix it :<
You can disable XInput in MXS by setting an environment variable. I think you're better off getting used to the independent triggers since you have more control that way.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Seabolt19

Post by Seabolt19 »

jlv wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:10 am
Muzart wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:30 pm Soo i have a problem... Usually when u hit the frontbreak you cant give throttle, atleast i coudelnt before the snapshot, Now when i hit the fronbreak and throttle my back wheel keeps spinning.... never been like this before :/ anyone know why? or how i can fix it :<
You can disable XInput in MXS by setting an environment variable. I think you're better off getting used to the independent triggers since you have more control that way.
I tried that and it didnt work
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Seabolt19 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:31 am
jlv wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:10 am You can disable XInput in MXS by setting an environment variable. I think you're better off getting used to the independent triggers since you have more control that way.
It'll only work for that invocation of mx.exe. So you'll have to run it that way every time. You could save the commands in a bat file to automate it somewhat.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Seabolt19

Post by Seabolt19 »

jlv wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:22 am
Seabolt19 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:31 am
jlv wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:10 am You can disable XInput in MXS by setting an environment variable. I think you're better off getting used to the independent triggers since you have more control that way.
It'll only work for that invocation of mx.exe. So you'll have to run it that way every time. You could save the commands in a bat file to automate it somewhat.
ive just got used to it, i use 250 braking torque on my brakes idk i feel like with split triggers the braking response is less
dirk_bike
Team: n00b

Post by dirk_bike »

n00b here, how do I get the server's to open or load the snapshot? I dl'd it, have it in my folder, but the standard 1.13 opens when I click join server. If I remove the standard version, nothing opens.
dirk_bike
Team: n00b

Post by dirk_bike »

doh, just figured it out, I renamed it to just mx and renamed the other.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Random questions, now when it's 64 bit, will it install to Program Files (x86) or regular Program Files? Just thinking if people need help in the future.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Wahlamt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:55 pm Random questions, now when it's 64 bit, will it install to Program Files (x86) or regular Program Files? Just thinking if people need help in the future.
That's a good question. 64 bit is supposed to go in Program Files but it seems to work fine in the x86 directory. Unless there's a good reason to move it I'll probably leave it alone.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com