Dabbing is the Cheat Code I Just Unlocked

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
ddmx

Dabbing is the Cheat Code I Just Unlocked

Post by ddmx »

Please, hold your laughter.

After 13 years and who knows how many hundreds or thousands of hours of gameplay, I finally learned that dabbing 100% of the time is a cheat code I never knew about. I had tried to dab before, in the corners, but the controls were awkward enough that I usually just ride around the entire track standing. Not anymore. Whips are better, corners are better, you don't wheelie when you straight up dump the clutch (on most tracks). How did I never discover this hidden gem?
baker

Re: Dabbing is the Cheat Code I Just Unlocked

Post by baker »

ddmx wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:01 pm Please, hold your laughter.

After 13 years and who knows how many hundreds or thousands of hours of gameplay, I finally learned that dabbing 100% of the time is a cheat code I never knew about. I had tried to dab before, in the corners, but the controls were awkward enough that I usually just ride around the entire track standing. Not anymore. Whips are better, corners are better, you don't wheelie when you straight up dump the clutch (on most tracks). How did I never discover this hidden gem?
So sticky sit/dab? Also how in the world would you hit whoops or breaking bumps dabbing. If I dab going off jumps it tends to make me endo.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Sticky. The only time I stand now is in the whoops. Outdoors and braking bumps is a little shaky too. My bike's tendency is to be nose high as compared to standing.

Also - seems to be more resilient to crashing, especially on hard landings (which seems counter-intuitive).
InsaneFMX
Team: Flipin 150ft triples

Post by InsaneFMX »

It was exploited for a while in racing, some riders were known for never standing like Leitzel or Alec from back in the day sliding every corner like he was driving an rx-7. Leaning forward and sitting landing on the front wheel is safest landing, pull in the clutch for some extra safety (It's because your rider cant use his verticals to generate extra force on himself)
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

ddmx wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:41 pm Sticky. The only time I stand now is in the whoops.
Also - seems to be more resilient to crashing, especially on hard landings (which seems counter-intuitive).
Did you discover this playing MXB? I always thought thing went better when leaning forward and sitting. So much so that Tcrain (Teak Rain or Tea Crane) would have his joy stick forward when plugging it in so it always defaults forward! Genius, eh?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

No, I think it was a video by Start Your Systems where I noticed them sitting the entire time. Then I just tried it and sort of chuckled to myself that I'd never done it before. Something about old dogs and new tricks or however that saying goes...
TeamHavocRacing

How about THAT guy? Parlayed into a job at Racer X. Bam!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

I alt-tabbed out of the game for this...I just changed it to sticky sit dab. Then I changed it back. More realistic feeling. I use it to follow the terrain and boost off of jumps by sitting then standing right in the transition. It really helps me clear jumps. Too far sometimes. Standing absorbs bumps with the legs too, I feel. IDK, I'm the biggest squid. Also, if you think you're going to come up short, sitting brings the bike up to you a bit to help prevent casing. I still have to ride using a flight stick in MXS and still am way better than a using controller, but I can ride pretty good in MXB with a Logitech F310 PS3-type and sticky sit dab lol! Dogs... Tricks... Old... Etc....
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Beginners always ask me when to sit and I never have a good answer, it's always just a feel thing. Standing is great when you need a little bit of extra cushion on top of your suspension, and i'm normally standing in most situations. I find myself sitting in situations where I need to keep the front end stable/planted. Sitting lowers your rider mass dist. effectively and gets the weight lower. I think you'll always have better "feeling" while sitting because you're eliminating several flex points as well. Oddly enough, I actually find myself utilizing sit dab more often in late moto erode to keep control of the bike. It definitely gives you that added bit of control, stops front end from twitching as much and keeps it planted.

For some unknown reason sitting down also helps a ton when casing/overjumping. Hold in the back brake, sit down, lean forward, and you'll literally be able to land anything. It's so weird.
Tanner Rogers
baker

Post by baker »

ddmx wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:41 pm Sticky. The only time I stand now is in the whoops. Outdoors and braking bumps is a little shaky too. My bike's tendency is to be nose high as compared to standing.

I also tap my brakes some to help with cases/over jump, sketchy landings in general and of course lean forward.
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

ddmx wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:41 pm Sticky.
Hold backup moments before you crash 8)
MX310

Post by MX310 »

InsaneFMX wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:38 pm It was exploited for a while in racing, some riders were known for never standing like Leitzel or Alec from back in the day sliding every corner like he was driving an rx-7. Leaning forward and sitting landing on the front wheel is safest landing, pull in the clutch for some extra safety (It's because your rider cant use his verticals to generate extra force on himself)
hey das my name