NEW to MX Sim (looking to purchase)...Advice required

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Pawanh79
Team: Privateer

NEW to MX Sim (looking to purchase)...Advice required

Post by Pawanh79 »

Hey all!,

Okay, i'll get right to the point...

I am literally a few weeks 'noob' (i hate that term tbh) in terms of motocross/sx games in general; although i have played the MotoGP series (albeit a different style of riding/game).

Anyway, my forte has always been simulation racing, i.e. iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rF2 etc etc - But i decided a week or so ago to purchase some of the MXGP games from Milestone. I liked them so much and have been playing them quite frequently, however i was looking for something 'sim' based and found 2 options...MX BIkes & MX Simulator.

Given the aesthetic looks of both games, i decided to go for MX Bikes first. I have been playing that for exactly 48.6hrs (according to Steam) - I have managed to pick it up pretty quickly with the help of tutorial/setup videos from mainly 'Lynds' (YouTube). I quite happy to say that i am becoming quite competent at the sim now, with even having podiums (and within top 5 lap times) but, for some odd reason, MX Simulator is drawing me in...there's something here :/.

So, i downloaded the demo and immediately after turning off the arcade mode, the bike was un-rideable...
However, with the assistance of YouTube videos, i am now able to ride somewhat pretty good, but i'm having trouble with keeping the front end from dipping after leaving the jump face...
I know about leaning and throttle control and have had some success but, for the most part, it's quite a balancing act! ;).

But i'm digressing here...

So, the question is, should i go ahead and purchase the full game?
I have heard/read that the demo doesn't really reflect the quality of the game in both graphics and physics - Whether this is true i would certainly like to know ;).

So, is it worth me purchasing this game or 'sim'? - I have also heard the game is 'dying' and many have migrated onto MX Bikes???
Again...i do not know how true this is so essentially, that is one of the reasons i've made an account here on the forums for assistance.

One last thing...

Why is it that most users of both MX Bikes and MX Sim; If you ask a question or ask for other various details, it's literally like getting blood from a stone! - What's with all the ignorance and secrecy??? - I have asked questions in MX Bikes and no one answers; I've asked Spencer Turley and others on MX Sim and i have the same responses...NONE!.

Sorry for the essay guys! ;)
Hope you can help me out please...THX
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: NEW to MX Sim (looking to purchase)...Advice required

Post by jlv »

The demo is basically the same as the full game. The full game lets you run custom tracks and use the full set of bikes. If you like the demo, go for it. Otherwise, probably best to save your money.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

Pawanh79 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:44 pm for some odd reason, MX Simulator is drawing me in...there's something here :/.
because mxs isn't a complete arcade game :wink:
Pawanh79 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:44 pm I've asked Spencer Turley
yeah spencer turley is about the last guy you want to ask anything, do you have discord? There are tons of discords where people are glad to help.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Pawanh79 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:44 pm What's with all the ignorance and secrecy??? - I have asked questions in MX Bikes and no one answers; I've asked Spencer Turley and others on MX Sim and i have the same responses...NONE!.
You've asked the wrong people 8) I'll send you a pm too. Mx Sim is absolutely amazing if you pair up all the right content. It has a learning curve, but worth it once you get going.
Pawanh79

Post by Pawanh79 »

jlv wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:53 am The demo is basically the same as the full game. The full game lets you run custom tracks and use the full set of bikes. If you like the demo, go for it. Otherwise, probably best to save your money.
Thanks JLV (Mr. Vanderhoof)...I'm quite shocked to see a reply from the actual creator of the game/sim :shock: :wink:

I'd like to thank you for clearing a few things up...

Firstly, i had been hearing that the demo was completely different to that of the purchased version; I assumed that to mean in both graphical and physics terms (the content/settings availability part is a given).
I have to be honest and say the majority of the content i have been viewing is mainly from 'Spencer Turley'; with additional content from ''Start Your Engines'. Essentially, you could probably thank them both because if it wasn't for those individuals input, i may not be here or seriously looking into purchasing Sim ;).

I have to say, i have enjoyed the demo but again, without assistance with the stability settings along with how to setup the bike/s in preference to the different surfaces, i doubt i would be interested...and it's the somewhat bizarre behaviour from many individuals...
I understand that they might wish to keep their settings private for obvious reasons, however i could only see that being valid if one is at pro-am or pro level - For those at 'standard' multiplayer level...what's the harm in sharing settings???

Additionally, i'll be brutally honest...
With my real life commitments, among my usage of the 'sim', i very much doubt i'll be getting to pro level any time soon anyway, and that's why i don't understand peoples unwillingness to assist others, specifically new players.

But i digress...

I will have to put many more hours into the demo before making the decision anyway - Although without the full game, i know i am limited to what MX Sim is actually fully like and capable of ;)

Thanks for your assistance JLV! I'm sure we'll be chatting again anytime soon!
:D :wink:
Pawanh79

Post by Pawanh79 »

hvpmvp wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:59 am
Pawanh79 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:44 pm for some odd reason, MX Simulator is drawing me in...there's something here :/.
because mxs isn't a complete arcade game :wink:
No it isn't, completely agree. (but neither is bikes tbh)
Pawanh79 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:44 pm I've asked Spencer Turley
yeah spencer turley is about the last guy you want to ask anything, do you have discord? There are tons of discords where people are glad to help.
There's been numerous individuals asking him of the same thing...he never responds. Yes, i am on Discord and will be contacting individuals soon...thanks! ;)
Pawanh79

Post by Pawanh79 »

Wahlamt wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:10 am
Pawanh79 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:44 pm What's with all the ignorance and secrecy??? - I have asked questions in MX Bikes and no one answers; I've asked Spencer Turley and others on MX Sim and i have the same responses...NONE!.
You've asked the wrong people 8) I'll send you a pm too. Mx Sim is absolutely amazing if you pair up all the right content. It has a learning curve, but worth it once you get going.
Thanks buddy :wink:
P.S. I've sent a PM.
baker

Post by baker »

It’s well worth the frustration of the initial learning pains. There’s a setup thread here in the forum I’ve always found helpful.. titled “Your Setup”.

JLV has always been very involved in the community.

Also, spencer turley is the wrong person to ask questions 🤣
Motospun

Post by Motospun »

Add me on discord Motoson#0957 and I'll help with everything.
Pawanh79

Post by Pawanh79 »

baker wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:15 pm It’s well worth the frustration of the initial learning pains. There’s a setup thread here in the forum I’ve always found helpful.. titled “Your Setup”.

Thanks mate! I certainly appreciate your assistance...thanks! :wink:

I've been talking with others so i'm on the right track i hope...i just need to get my setups right and purchase the full game!
We'll see how it goes but so far, i'm enjoying the demo (even with the limitations it has).

Thanks and talk soon bud!
Pawanh79

Post by Pawanh79 »

Motospun wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:42 am Add me on discord Motoson#0957 and I'll help with everything.
I certainly will buddy...thanks i appreciate it very much! ;)
Mitch89

Post by Mitch89 »

Definitely worth the purchase Pawanh. Been playing for 6 or 7 months now but nearly gave up cause I just couldn't get the hang of it and couldn't even get a clean lap for a few months so just hang in there. Haven't played another mx game since. Make sure to find a track you like and go for it mate.
baker

Post by baker »

Pawanh79 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:39 am
baker wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:15 pm It’s well worth the frustration of the initial learning pains. There’s a setup thread here in the forum I’ve always found helpful.. titled “Your Setup”.

Thanks mate! I certainly appreciate your assistance...thanks! :wink:

I've been talking with others so i'm on the right track i hope...i just need to get my setups right and purchase the full game!
We'll see how it goes but so far, i'm enjoying the demo (even with the limitations it has).

Thanks and talk soon bud!
Add me on discord baker#9130 if you have any questions or want someone to ride with when (I’m thinking you probably will ;) buy the game.

Sim is the best $42 I’ve spent on gaming. Ive put more hours into it than any other game I’ve played, mx vs atv unleashed included, and I played that thousands of hours.
Pawanh79

Post by Pawanh79 »

Hey buddy!...

Have to apologise for the lengthy delay; I've had/have medical issues still plaguing me unfortunately, even to the point of not even being able to sit at PC. :(

I've still not purchased the game yet...

I have some questions which I hope people can clear up (JLV...?)

Firstly, since reinstalling the demo it feels like the default tracks are even more 'slick' than I remember...:/
They all felt too slippery before but, today they felt worse.

I used the same setup as I used before; I used a setup from YouTube but modified it to my liking - With only a couple of hours game time I'm able to throw whips/scrubs and get around mostly without dropping the bike ;).

Additionally, I'd like to have 100% confidence that the track mods are more stable (not like default tracks)...
I'd also like to know if the bike models and gear will work from TM website.

One last thing...

@jlv
Why is the price so high even now (£43 GBP), it's kinda putting me off parting with the cash given that the mxbikes I have is still lower in price...

Is there any way of getting a discount from somewhere...?

I'm not having a dig jlv...but it is rather a lot tbh.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It might just not be the right game for you. You're free to keep playing the demo free of charge.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.