NEW to MX Sim (looking to purchase)...Advice required

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Pawanh79
Team: Privateer

Re: NEW to MX Sim (looking to purchase)...Advice required

Post by Pawanh79 »

jlv wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 am It might just not be the right game for you. You're free to keep playing the demo free of charge.
Thanks JLV for the reply ;)

Again, i must emphasise that it's not that i don't appreciate the hard work, dedication and persistence in trying to make this game (sim) better; trust me i know (having used to be a part of a coding group back in the 80s on the Amiga 500!)...
As of now, i have literally 77hrs into MX Bikes, so i've barely even scratched the surface of being top level (nor do i necessarily wish to be) - I just like motocross in general and enjoy the games/sims on the market.

Now, whether it's down to 'muscle memory' or whatever else, playing the MX Sim demo now compared in 2021 when i last played it i believe, even with using the same setup i saved (wrote down too), the bike slides way more than i recall; It doesn't mean however that i wouldn't become used to it again though.

As with the price...
Well again, who am i to say anything about it really? - But here in the UK with the price tag of £43 (in total), however how much i would like to purchase the game, it's only that which is holding me back a little :/. I can afford it that's not the issue, for me personally it's more to do with the amount of 'play time' i would be having on it.
I purchased MX Bikes (Dec 16, 2021) - so 77hrs in total just on that game/sim lets you know how much i've played...(this is the same for the Milestone MX games too).

Lastly, i mentioned about the 'slippery' feeling of the bike when playing the demo on the default demo tracks...
I have read that if one has the full version and able to download all the other mod tracks, this 'slippery' feeling isn't no way near as pronounced as it is in the demo tracks...is this true?

Anyway, thanks for the reply @jlv
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Pawanh79 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:57 am lastly, i mentioned about the 'slippery' feeling of the bike when playing the demo on the default demo tracks...
I have read that if one has the full version and able to download all the other mod tracks, this 'slippery' feeling isn't no way near as pronounced as it is in the demo tracks...is this true?
The demo tracks are very slick. The old tracks used to be very slippery, however around 2015 that changed quite drastically. Since then tracks are far more grippy, at least the majority. Traction is values you change in a file, so it isn't the game itself, rather the trackmakers choice. :)
baker

Post by baker »

Pawanh79 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:57 am
jlv wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:00 am It might just not be the right game for you. You're free to keep playing the demo free of charge.
Thanks JLV for the reply ;)

Again, i must emphasise that it's not that i don't appreciate the hard work, dedication and persistence in trying to make this game (sim) better; trust me i know (having used to be a part of a coding group back in the 80s on the Amiga 500!)...
As of now, i have literally 77hrs into MX Bikes, so i've barely even scratched the surface of being top level (nor do i necessarily wish to be) - I just like motocross in general and enjoy the games/sims on the market.

Now, whether it's down to 'muscle memory' or whatever else, playing the MX Sim demo now compared in 2021 when i last played it i believe, even with using the same setup i saved (wrote down too), the bike slides way more than i recall; It doesn't mean however that i wouldn't become used to it again though.

As with the price...
Well again, who am i to say anything about it really? - But here in the UK with the price tag of £43 (in total), however how much i would like to purchase the game, it's only that which is holding me back a little :/. I can afford it that's not the issue, for me personally it's more to do with the amount of 'play time' i would be having on it.
I purchased MX Bikes (Dec 16, 2021) - so 77hrs in total just on that game/sim lets you know how much i've played...(this is the same for the Milestone MX games too).

Lastly, i mentioned about the 'slippery' feeling of the bike when playing the demo on the default demo tracks...

Anyway, thanks for the reply @jlv
The stock tracks(in the demo) were made with much slicker traction (something completely customizable by track creators). They’re still very helpful to play IMO to practice throttle control, however pretty much all tracks these days are much stickier and grippy.

I’d say the game isn’t very well represented by the demo considering what the full version is capable of.
baker

Post by baker »

Also I wouldn’t listen to Spencer Turley about anything.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

baker wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:35 pm The stock tracks(in the demo) were made with much slicker traction (something completely customizable by track creators). They’re still very helpful to play IMO to practice throttle control, however pretty much all tracks these days are much stickier and grippy.
Slicker traction is good for you. It builds character.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Pawanh79 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:57 am...should i go ahead and purchase the full game?
It sounds like you already are a sim collector. Might as well buy the only titles in mx simulation. They both are base sims with an emphasis on 3rd party content. With that in mind, remember that only a fool pays for content unless you run a team or are in the pros. I can only ride with a flightstick in sim since I started in 2008, but no problem with a controller in mx bikes lol. idk why. Some creators have made content for both and both have great free content. Both titles are fun to ride once you get the hang of it. Ignore the loud politics shouted by fanboys about either game and decide on your own. Good luck!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
baker

Post by baker »

jlv wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:07 am
baker wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:35 pm The stock tracks(in the demo) were made with much slicker traction (something completely customizable by track creators). They’re still very helpful to play IMO to practice throttle control, however pretty much all tracks these days are much stickier and grippy.
Slicker traction is good for you. It builds character.
Teaches you self control!! (Of the throttle)