I am going to start a war.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DriftInMXS

I am going to start a war.

Post by DriftInMXS »

MX Bikes is more realistic.
Ash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: I am going to start a war.

Post by Ash »

May be, but Mx Bikes servers are worst.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Based on what? What in my opinion makes it seem more realistic is the way tracks seem to be built. In later year, track here's become very overscaled and traction isn't even close to real life.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

YEAH! At least you can sell ripped assets over there. Better get ripping!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Bikes has a lot of features that unarguably add to the realism and simulation experience, but the base physics at it's core just aren't it. Bikes has better tracks though for sure, much more realistic imo. It's strange, it seems the bikes community in general cares a lot more about realism than the sim community, yet the physics of bikes are nowhere near the realism of sim. You just can't match that true joystick-to-handlebar feeling that sim gives, the counter steering is incredible.

With that being said, mx bikes has some super realistic features. I think they have pretty good atmospheric pressure and wind resistance etc, and I think sim we are all just playing in a vacuum lol but there's lots of examples like that.

The way I look at it, sim is a gem covered in shit. The communities desire to make tracks as sticky and fast as possible is always gunna make it feel wonky to me like a supermoto simulator, but still for me it's more fun than bikes.

Bikes is like a super well polished turd. It's got everything you could ever ask for in a sim, but those physics just... Not for me. I don't like the way Piboso has made everything automatic. The game does a lot of things for you, things you would otherwise subconsciously do in real life. In sim, we have to manually do the things you'd subconsciously do irl, this feels weird to some people and "unrealistic" but in reality you can train the manual movements to be subconscious the same way you learnt to ride a bike.

Sim feels like learning how to ride a bike with your thumb. I just can't say the same about bikes. It's whatever you prefer at the end of the day, but for this reason I'll always think of bikes as a sim-cade. Great game, but at it's core just not quite at the level of what jlv has accomplished with his physics in my opinion.
Tanner Rogers
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Playing MXS after playing MXB makes MXS look really bad. The graphics in MXB aren't super realistic, but they're muuuuch better than in MXS.
I also like how stable the bike is over bumps and that the grip is not all or nothing like in MXS.
However, i really miss how direct everything feels compared to MXS.
MXB is nice, but it's very arcadeish in the end.
All I want from MXS is better graphics, that'd make a huge difference already.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

If sim had bikes graphics and a more intelligent community, sim would be triple A.
Motospun

Post by Motospun »

Yea that infinite grip sure is realistic, just make sure not to twist the throttle too much or the back end will kick out and you'll lose all drive completely. You might even go into a 360 followed by 3 minutes of unsavable head shake just life real life!

I urge you to try racing pdmx and you will see that every race comes down to who can lean the bike over the furthest in every corner and hit the most supermoto style lines possible.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Motospun wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:52 pm You might even go into a 360 followed by 3 minutes of unsavable head shake just life real life!
This is the biggest wtf for me. Sure, if I would actually play to get good it probably wouldn't happen, but when I try to get away, from time to time the rider just acts like Magicarp's Splash attack, thrusting from on side to another. Just as in real life :lol: In MxSim you at least tip over :lol:
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

The biggest wtf for me is the fact you can drag bar on flat ground at 60mph with 100% traction
Motospun

Post by Motospun »

Wahlamt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:54 am
Motospun wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:52 pm You might even go into a 360 followed by 3 minutes of unsavable head shake just life real life!
This is the biggest wtf for me. Sure, if I would actually play to get good it probably wouldn't happen, but when I try to get away, from time to time the rider just acts like Magicarp's Splash attack, thrusting from on side to another. Just as in real life :lol: In MxSim you at least tip over :lol:
In my experience playing since beta 4, Piboso has only put band-aids over the big problems. The only difficulty comes from learning how to work around the buggy aspects of the physics and once you get fast which doesn't take long you realize how unrealistic and easy it really is. The suspension absorbs all bumps for you regardless of body position so you only need to set the suspension up to try and lessen the effects of the bounce.
TeamHavocRacing

To be fair(cue the Letterkenney choir)...

October 10, 2021, 03:48:30 PM
From PiBoSo:

Apologies for the lack of updates and communication.

Development on MX Bikes is again in progress, after a major setback: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=5006.0

So far, the fixes and changes have been mostly aimed at improving the user experience:
fix: track layout custom objects collisions
fix: support for more than two controllers with the same name
fix: user interface lists sorting
new: user interface pull-downs search box
new: option to enable the environment sounds in the pit

More changes:
- Textures caching, for faster loading times
- Added a button to copy the GUID to the Windows clipboard
- Automatic profile file backup
- Both the 2D and 3D pitboards can now be painted with a single texture

A lot more changes, including physics and multiplayer improvements, are in progress for Beta17.
For example, work to update the classification and pitboard after each split ( including the first crossing of the start line ) is almost done.
New and revised content is planned as well.

However, please note that at the moment the priority is to release a new version of another simulator, GP Bikes.
Again, sorry for the wait, but I think the GPB community deserves a ( long overdue ) update, even if MXB is, by far, the most popular project. I'm trying to keep them all ( except World Racing Series ) at the same level of development.
It shouldn't take long, though. After that, the focus will be on MXB only.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
white327
Team: MotoPro GFX

Post by white327 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:43 pm To be fair(cue the Letterkenney choir)...

TeamHavocRacing

white327 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:16 am Image