Is this it? The erode.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Liddzor
Team: Mitas Racing

Is this it? The erode.

Post by Liddzor »

The erode game?

Are we satisfied with the erode today?
not realistic but more high speed racing i guess.
I want to know what the community feels and thinking.
Is this it? or are we aiming for a new era of erode, looking more like irl? Having different styles like west coast less ruts, east with more ruts and more tricky riding. Make the season interesting for the rides, different type of ruts, different shaping of the tracks every round.
Speed ofc is going to be key, but also smart riding, more experience needed to be consistent in the different types of tracks.
Just asking, fun to listen what the ppl, rf, emf and all the great track builders thinking and feeling.
I love this game, have lost a lot of the fun feeling in the game last 3 years, but the "new" main event ruff tracks that i have made, i have found the great, fun feeling for the game again, that this is the best feeling mx game (by far) out there!! And i have played since 2012 and this is the 10th year as a "pro" racer and it feels to me that the game has ish stopped in a way on the development side of racing (talking about erode). To me it feels and i know we can put all the best ppl in the game together and make the game and racing experience closer to a more realistic feel of it, more satisfying to rail a rut when you get closer to the irl feel. (if ppl want it that way)

Maybe im the only on that wants a more realistic Main Event track. Let me know haha

Sorry for all the text but this is how i feel and i am really interested in what you guys are thinking?

https://gyazo.com/629d39bb2196c702aecc676df746ced1

https://gyazo.com/a2a90f413f8d89f9d7f4e6d29a4c624c

and ofc not all coners are crazy rutty, and that makes it fun fur the track crew to paly with, is it going to be a soft rount,? is this a rutty corner? and so on.

But sx is no joke (and you all know that ofc), but the ruts and the skilles that roczen, sexton and the fast boys have is crazy! so is it with the heavy hitters in this game as well. Colby Egeland, Payson Johnson and so on. let them show the skilles they sitting on.

DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Re: Is this it? The erode.

Post by DBRider251 »

You do know JLV is in the process of creating a new terrain engine, right?
jlv wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:13 am
AHeckman2 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:26 pm
jlv wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:46 am There is some stuff I can do to loosen up the rider. Not going to happen until I've redone the terrain engine.
Can't wait to see this, do you have plans to start it soon or are there still other things you're working on?
The terrain engine? I'm already doing that. Working on getting rid of reshading now.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Liddzor

Post by Liddzor »

DBRider251 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:24 pm You do know JLV is in the process of creating a new terrain engine, right?
jlv wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:13 am
AHeckman2 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:26 pm
Can't wait to see this, do you have plans to start it soon or are there still other things you're working on?
The terrain engine? I'm already doing that. Working on getting rid of reshading now.
yes, its going to be nice! tp try that out.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The new terrain engine will just be faster. It won't have different erode. The only difference might be outdoors due to less limited resolution/scale settings. Probably going to make it leave decal tracks as well but that's just cosmetic.

Erode is really difficult because the testing takes an incredibly long time. It's not that big a deal when you're just getting the basics done, but when people want very specific outcomes from erode it's a nightmare.

I kind of want to try adding an option to switch tile types when the certain depth is hit so you can make completely separate tilled vs worn in settings, but I'm really not looking forward to the testing.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

jlv wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:50 am The new terrain engine will just be faster. It won't have different erode. The only difference might be outdoors due to less limited resolution/scale settings. Probably going to make it leave decal tracks as well but that's just cosmetic.

Erode is really difficult because the testing takes an incredibly long time. It's not that big a deal when you're just getting the basics done, but when people want very specific outcomes from erode it's a nightmare.

I kind of want to try adding an option to switch tile types when the certain depth is hit so you can make completely separate tilled vs worn in settings, but I'm really not looking forward to the testing.
Or a sort of system that allows erode to be at a certain level for a certain amount of time or laps, then get lowered after that.
Owen_913
Team: Roges' Potato Farm

Post by Owen_913 »

god bless your soul
Owen_913
Team: Roges' Potato Farm

Post by Owen_913 »

god bless your soul
Liddzor

Post by Liddzor »

jlv wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:50 am The new terrain engine will just be faster. It won't have different erode. The only difference might be outdoors due to less limited resolution/scale settings. Probably going to make it leave decal tracks as well but that's just cosmetic.

Thanks for trying.
I like how it works today. i guess it is not 100% like IRL, but you are getting that great feeling of a rough track irl.
Im more on about how we are using it etc, like started on a ish premade track like thay are doing irl.
But i have to host and get help from ppl to bring my and my friends ideas to the table, i want a as close to IRL feeling that we can get from what we have today.

But love that you are trying your best to get it better! thanks JLV.