Performance Issues

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
sbragg03
Team: Privateer

Performance Issues

Post by sbragg03 »

I need help solving an issue regarding the game's performance. In the past my computer has been easily capable of running the game's maximum frame rate on most tracks with higher graphics settings. However, I stepped away from sim for a few months, and once I came back I found that my computer now struggles to run tracks at 60 fps or higher, on tracks that it used to be maxed out on. I've opened up device manager to see what might be the issue and it seems my gpu will not go above 75% usage at any point when running the game. Thermals aren't high at all, the drivers are all up to date, and sim is also the only game I have this issue with. It would be really helpful if anyone had any ideas as to what might be the root of this problem.
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Re: Performance Issues

Post by Wilson156 »

is your v snyc turned on?
Robert Wilson | AektivCo
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If you have an AMD GPU the last few snapshots have a major performance problem with AMD GPUs on Windows. Looks like it's going to be painful to fix too. For now you can use 2021-03-31.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sbragg03
Team: Privateer

Post by sbragg03 »

jlv wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:26 am If you have an AMD GPU the last few snapshots have a major performance problem with AMD GPUs on Windows. Looks like it's going to be painful to fix too. For now you can use 2021-03-31.
It is an AMD gpu so I went ahead and reverted to the old snapshot and It definitely fixed the issue for so thank you jlv appreciate the help.