How to get back into shape after not playing for months (For Outdoors)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Michael Dieringer
Team: Privateer

How to get back into shape after not playing for months (For Outdoors)

Post by Michael Dieringer »

Maybe you were testing your suspension on a supercross track and you pulled an Austin Forkner in the whoops and broke your collar bone. Or maybe you did the classic RJ Hampshire front end tuck and broke your wrist. Or maybe you had to go back to school and just didn't have time to ride. Whatever the case may be, it happens. We all make mistakes and we're not always gonna have time to ride. Here's my guide on how to get back into race shape on the bike after you have successfully recovered from your injury and you're ready to get back on the bike.

1. Riding at Lommel and playing it in your own private server.
Riding at a sand track like Lommel will help you get your flow back that you lost during your recovery. The sand gives you the freedom to hold it wide open everywhere making throttle control less important compared to your average clay or soil type bases. It also helps improve your cardio and your ability to gain trust in where the motorcycle is going. My only catch is if you're a 250 rider, chances are you might blow up your engine, plan ahead. Have a backup engine ready to go with a mechanic to install it if necessary. Check to make sure you have enough radiator fluid before each moto so you don't overheat the engine. When you are done for the day, make sure you check each bolt on the bike to make sure they're tight, otherwise you will end up losing shit on the track.

You might ask: "Why play in a private server coach Mike?" Well here's the thing. Based on my experience, the traction can change from Singleplayer to Multiplayer as well as how the bike handles. It's pretty minor, but in my opinion, it's best to play in a Multiplayer setting such as a private server. Not only that, but the track crew will water the track in-between moto's making training a lot better. They will also groom the track when you're done for the day so that way next time when you go out, you don't end up killing yourself and find yourself back on the couch again.

2. Start by Cycling, then work your way towards gym workouts.
The reason why I say this is because it's easy for some of us to get burnt out, especially if we don't get the results that we wished for. So do this to avoid burnout.

3. Diet Diet Diet
If you don't eat right, chances are its gonna take longer to get back into shape, It's as simple as that. Not only that but it can also affect your results.

4. And Finally, watching someone like Jeffery Herlings Ride/Paying attention to technique on the bike
If you watch the Pros like Herlings, Tomac, or even Anderson, they all ride with their hips out, elbows up, knees back, and so on to ensure that they can go fast but also not die at the same time. If you do the opposite in sim, chances are, 9 out of 10 times you will get front end lock. Do this in a race, you will end up losing sponsors for next season.

And remember, how you train is how you'll race. So make sure your program is dialed.
Michael Dieringer
Team: Privateer

Re: How to get back into shape after not playing for months (For Outdoors)

Post by Michael Dieringer »

As a safety disclaimer, you should never open your radiator cap when the bike is hot. Otherwise the shit will spray everywhere and burn you. I just wanna make sure my new guys know that.
roganmx
Team: FastLap Suspension

Post by roganmx »

Michael Dieringer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:01 pm As a safety disclaimer, you should never open your radiator cap when the bike is hot. Otherwise the shit will spray everywhere and burn you. I just wanna make sure my new guys know that.
ya i did this back when i was his mechanic. wasnt cool bro
CatfishMcStevenson
Team: Slowie Films

Post by CatfishMcStevenson »

this is epic lol.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

I support this post
Tanner Rogers
baker

Post by baker »

Michael Dieringer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:01 pm As a safety disclaimer, you should never open your radiator cap when the bike is hot. Otherwise the shit will spray everywhere and burn you. I just wanna make sure my new guys know that.
What about drink it? Or should I be good