Can I prevent people from reselling my gear after purchasing?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Mkbillion
Team: dancing monkey

Can I prevent people from reselling my gear after purchasing?

Post by Mkbillion »

I was wondering if anyone has a solution to people ripping gear as I've been getting into skinning recently and it's honestly heartbreaking seeing twice as many downloads then the amounts of times you sold it for example when I made my Aektiv gear.
I know there is no real way to stop it but I want to make the process of buying my gear then reselling it a little more difficult for these brain dead rippers for example would there be a way I can make a link that can only work once for free?
SemW
Team: idk

Re: Can I prevent people from reselling my gear after purchasing?

Post by SemW »

no real way to prevent it, if u make a one time link people will just create a different mediafire link
team antartica!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Don't give everyone the same link. For everyone who buys it, give them a uniquely watermarked texture and a unique download link. If you see multiple downloads from multiple IP addresses you'll know the link was shared. If it's posted somewhere you can figure out who leaked it by the watermark.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mkbillion

Post by Mkbillion »

SemW wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:48 pm no real way to prevent it, if u make a one time link people will just create a different mediafire link
Yeah that's what I was thinking aswell I just wanted a way to take more time out of their day
Mkbillion

Post by Mkbillion »

jlv wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:12 am Don't give everyone the same link. For everyone who buys it, give them a uniquely watermarked texture and a unique download link. If you see multiple downloads from multiple IP addresses you'll know the link was shared. If it's posted somewhere you can figure out who leaked it by the watermark.
That's a great idea! I'll have to try that with the next set I make. Thanks!