1 PERSON(DISAVANTAGE) please ljv!!!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
andremf63

1 PERSON(DISAVANTAGE) please ljv!!!

Post by andremf63 »

Nearly 2024, we still dont have a camera that look back to prevent blocks and etc, we first person riders have a disavantage that we dont know when some riders are getting closer(except from the sound).
I think its not that hard for jlv to put a look back camera, i think the game will get better in terms off lappers, battle positions etc.
So what you think jlv??
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Re: 1 PERSON(DISAVANTAGE) please ljv!!!

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

seems like a skill issue.....
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
clw1115934
Team: DABS

Post by clw1115934 »

I'm not jlv, or a programmer, but I doubt it's easy to implement. Games like Cyberpunk 2077 delay looking back because the game cannot instantly render everything behind the player + everything in front of the player seamlessly without performance impact. If it were easy we would probably have it already.
Gucci#9473
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It wouldn't be hard to do. The hardest part would be fixing up the first person models to do something reasonable when seen from unexpected angles. Not sure if disembodied arms are the right thing to see when panning the camera.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

1st person look around is one of the biggest features I've wanted from day one. Don't care if there's some clipping of a shoulder/arm while I'm looking over, the advantage of being able to look at your surroundings outweighs the cons IMO.