Screenshots Messed Up

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
tctktm48
Team: Twisted X Critical

Screenshots Messed Up

Post by tctktm48 »

Every time i go to get a good screenshot, it ends up tuning out like this:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=671is there any way to fix that?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Screenshots Messed Up

Post by jlv »

Do you mean the black texture? There was a bug I couldn't reproduce a while ago that looked like that. I think it resolved itself when Nvidia updated their drivers.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
tctktm48
Team: Twisted X Critical

Post by tctktm48 »

so is there anything i can do?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The problem seemed to go away when Nvidia updated their drivers, so try updating your graphics driver. I'm not sure of the exact version that had the problem.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
James Webb
Team: Evergood

Post by James Webb »

I have ran into same issue, have tried a few times now to take screenshots and the terrain is going black on me. seems fine at first then once I get rolling it starts blacking out, sometimes its the whole terrain sometimes its just near me. I have tried tracks with erode some without tried changing every graphic setting but just keeps happening.

only thing is that it only happens when i turn up my 3d settings in nvidia control panel. i have never noticed it on the normal low settings i play with before.

i was on extremely old drivers at first so i figured updating would do it but still have the same issue.

jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

James Webb wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:27 pm only thing is that it only happens when i turn up my 3d settings in nvidia control panel. i have never noticed it on the normal low settings i play with before.
That's really interesting. If you isolate the specific setting I'd really like to know which it is. I think I'll have another go at trying to reproduce it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Post by jgmtbike »

jlv wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:27 am
James Webb wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:27 pm only thing is that it only happens when i turn up my 3d settings in nvidia control panel. i have never noticed it on the normal low settings i play with before.
That's really interesting. If you isolate the specific setting I'd really like to know which it is. I think I'll have another go at trying to reproduce it.
This also happens to me but only when I fly around in freecam to take screenshots. It never happens when I'm playing normally in 3rd person
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

jlv wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:27 am That's really interesting. If you isolate the specific setting I'd really like to know which it is. I think I'll have another go at trying to reproduce it.
I found a fix that works for me every time. If I have anything typed into the target box (editor, hidden hud/pause, etc) I will always have the texture glitch, if I leave it blank it never happens. I've swapped back and fourth a few times and haven't had the bug when the target box is blank.
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

sethypeety wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:47 am
jlv wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:27 am That's really interesting. If you isolate the specific setting I'd really like to know which it is. I think I'll have another go at trying to reproduce it.
I found a fix that works for me every time. If I have anything typed into the target box (editor, hidden hud/pause, etc) I will always have the texture glitch, if I leave it blank it never happens. I've swapped back and fourth a few times and haven't had the bug when the target box is blank.
Never mind, it just started happening again without anything typed into the target box.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Is there any commonalities we all share with this bug? I’ve only ever noticed it trying to use —hidden-hud in the target line any never anytime else. I feel like it has something to do with that setting but then again peety said he got it without any arguments in the target line so I’m not sure.
carl
Team: Vurb

Post by carl »

for me It only happens when I use --hidden-hud
carl

Post by carl »

carl wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:02 am for me It only happens when I use --hidden-hud
my B didn't see hubbo post it before me
James Webb
Team: Evergood

Post by James Webb »

i tried to do some screenshots and i did get the black textures again but only with --hidden-hud in the target line though. tried a few different things like --hidden-pause and different gpu settings but only time i could replicate it was with the hidden hud. strange thing is though it doesnt happen everytime so idk
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It definitely seems to require --hidden-hud. That's good in the sense that there's almost sure to be a workaround for it. I'd just really like to be able to replicate it before attempting to fix it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
carl

Post by carl »

so I tested --hidden-hud on the original (2023-10-14) update and it works fine for me I don't Know if this will work for anyone's but I feel like I should log that information on this thread for people to test