New rider test

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: New rider test

Post by jlv »

Garasaki wrote:I played around with this last night, and changing the factor level up to around 2 makes a gigantic difference (for the better).

However, the setting never seemed to "stick" - I seemed to have to change it every time I started a new race or if I changed any of my suspension settings. I think I read something about this happening yesterday but don't recall how to fix it.
Those settings aren't saved. I put the menu in there so I could test new settings without recompiling.

Right now the slow damping factor is 1.0 for all stability settings below 40. From 40 to 80 it goes from 1.0 to 2.0 and everything above 80 is 2.0. I can easily increase it at lower stability settings.

Does everyone else like slow damping factor at 2.0?
enzopersson
Team: Privateer

Post by enzopersson »

uhm, is this like only me or what? when i use the rider test, my bike always wants to dive, whats up with that? wrong settings or what?

peace
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

are you leaning back in the corners? if so, keep your weight up in the corners and back on the straights.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

jlv wrote:
Garasaki wrote:I played around with this last night, and changing the factor level up to around 2 makes a gigantic difference (for the better).

However, the setting never seemed to "stick" - I seemed to have to change it every time I started a new race or if I changed any of my suspension settings. I think I read something about this happening yesterday but don't recall how to fix it.
Those settings aren't saved. I put the menu in there so I could test new settings without recompiling.

Right now the slow damping factor is 1.0 for all stability settings below 40. From 40 to 80 it goes from 1.0 to 2.0 and everything above 80 is 2.0. I can easily increase it at lower stability settings.

Does everyone else like slow damping factor at 2.0?
YES .. it definately makes for better handleing please change it to 2
Thanks
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I find 2 a little bit slow for me, so I'm sure others will find it slow as well. How making this setting adjustable?

MWR #491 wrote:One thing i think would be cool. is to be able to turn your head. Think about whipping and in mid air just look over on your rear fender or public, would make some asumn shots too
1) The camera is attached to the torso
2) How would you go about controlling the head whilst riding?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I don't want to make the stability setup overly complicated. Maybe set it to 1.5 at 40 stability and 2.0 and 60? Would everyone be ok with that?
jackofknives

Post by jackofknives »

enzopersson wrote:uhm, is this like only me or what? when i use the rider test, my bike always wants to dive, whats up with that? wrong settings or what?

peace

Same here. I've tried tons of different shock settings and different approaches at the lip of the jumps and the bike dives 95% of the time. I mean, i was testing my bike at the finish line tabletop on Ekswanbee park, it's a pretty simple one. And it didn't matter what settings i used, i could go straight into the lip, weight shifted back, full throttle and the bike always landed nose down. Same with turns, you can barely lean your bike into the turns and it goes down...

I think the physics shouldn't be so unforgiving.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Lean forward into the jump and then at the top of the takeoff lean back. This approach works like a charm. As for the turns, keep your weight centered or up on the bike. I feel that its pretty realistic as to how far you can lay it down in the turns.
MWR #491

Post by MWR #491 »

Hey DJ, i got my Right analog stick free, wouldnt it be able to Have one more camera angel then, both from torso and from the head!??
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Im using a keyboard, and I cant press more than 3 or 4 buttons a time...
So for example i cant use the throttle while leaning back turning left and holding the clutch
mulishatroop88

Post by mulishatroop88 »

i use
throttle-v
frontbrake-x
backbrake-x
clutch-z
leanback-c
leanforward-f

works good i guess
WHOA THERE
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

jlv wrote:I don't want to make the stability setup overly complicated. Maybe set it to 1.5 at 40 stability and 2.0 and 60? Would everyone be ok with that?
I really think this setting should be set individually. for MvA borne n00bs like me and motoboss, having that setting helps us transition to this game and eases our frustration signifigantly. I like the game around 30 stability - except low speed - and setting that at 2 or so helps me out BIGTIME.

For the MXS vets, I can see how they wouldn't want it set so high. So if you make it a setting each individual can change, you'll please everyone.

I understand where you are coming from with trying to keep it simple. I think the ability to over-ride it is important.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

ya because i ride anywhere from 10-20 stab depending on the track i never go higher then 20 let alone 40! lol
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Joe - what setting do you prefer for slow damping factor?

I'll put in a new control if I have to but I'd really prefer to keep it all in one setting if possible. Since Garasaki likes 30 stability and 2.0 slowing damp factor I'm thinking maybe the middle (40-60) stability settings are too slow. The handling should speed up quickly under 60 with the slow damping factor slowly tapering off as you get down to 40.

It would be helpful to have some more datapoints. Could everyone post what stability and slow damping factor they like best?
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

Why dont you have the normal setting for stability then have an advanced button next to it so that we can fine tune it if we want?