new appearrance slots in bike setup

Post your suggestions here
BcMxKx37

new appearrance slots in bike setup

Post by BcMxKx37 »

Hello, I know this must have been brought up 1000 times or more, but I was thinking about the good things about other game that could be used in mxsim, and the big thing that came to mind was that all the boots and gloves are all connected to one png you select in the setup, what if you made it so it had a Gear page and a Boots page, as well as a Gloves page. So they are saved out seperately and you can mix and match your setup without having your pack be 10GB. Also goes with the helmets and goggles. Dont know if this is possible but would love to get some input
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Re: new appearrance slots in bike setup

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

BcMxKx37 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:41 pm Hello, I know this must have been brought up 1000 times or more, but I was thinking about the good things about other game that could be used in mxsim, and the big thing that came to mind was that all the boots and gloves are all connected to one png you select in the setup, what if you made it so it had a Gear page and a Boots page, as well as a Gloves page. So they are saved out seperately and you can mix and match your setup without having your pack be 10GB. Also goes with the helmets and goggles. Dont know if this is possible but would love to get some input
Especially for boots
Ash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Ash »

For gloves and boots, I think it's really easy to do it (for JLV and Creators).
For Creators :
- Cut the 3d model at the top of the boots, make legs a little bit longer to not have transparent space between boots and legs if boots are smaller, do the same for the gloves.
For JLV :
- Link the new boots and gloves to right bones on the game.
Well done, boots and gloves are separeted.

For goggles, it's a bit harder due to all helmets doesn't have the same size. So, the goggles will not have the same position and the shape of the strap are different too.
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

Ash wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:32 pm For gloves and boots, I think it's really easy to do it (for JLV and Creators).
For Creators :
- Cut the 3d model at the top of the boots, make legs a little bit longer to not have transparent space between boots and legs if boots are smaller, do the same for the gloves.
For JLV :
- Link the new boots and gloves to right bones on the game.
Well done, boots and gloves are separeted.

For goggles, it's a bit harder due to all helmets doesn't have the same size. So, the goggles will not have the same position and the shape of the strap are different too.
Sounds easy to me, but it usually isnt ever that easy :D
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Drawing it all in one mesh/texture is faster. If anything I'd want to merge the helmet in with the rest of the rider.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Ash »

jlv wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:09 am Drawing it all in one mesh/texture is faster. If anything I'd want to merge the helmet in with the rest of the rider.
Please, don't do that ! Team packs are already higher than 1Gb ... if you merge helmet, they will be a lot of bigger ...
I think other features could be optimized to allow separating mesh for riders (use multi core, optimise cache, generate LOD, ...).
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

jlv wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:09 am Drawing it all in one mesh/texture is faster. If anything I'd want to merge the helmet in with the rest of the rider.
please for the love of god never do that
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

We don't care if its faster we just want to have more customization so we dont have to save the same gear set multiple times
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Why does everyone need 25 kits each? Just make 2-3 kits and be happy.
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

Wahlamt wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:30 pm Why does everyone need 25 kits each? Just make 2-3 kits and be happy.
When your racing 17 rounds of SX me at least I’ll go through 10+ Sets of gear and be bored of them before SX ends
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

bootsie wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:32 pm
Wahlamt wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:30 pm Why does everyone need 25 kits each? Just make 2-3 kits and be happy.
When your racing 17 rounds of SX me at least I’ll go through 10+ Sets of gear and be bored of them before SX ends
Shit I'd run what I ran in 2016 if it wasn't for TM_Infidel hooking me up with new stuff. Y'all too impatient.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

Before I learned how to make gear I'd be fine with running 1 set for years but once you learn how and you start loading your personal folder with custom stuff, you get bored so quickly with certain setups. I can't even run the same bike brand for more than a season it's just too boring. Plus, getting fresh new setups that look new keep me interested in the game.
SethShirley44
Team: Chick fil a

Post by SethShirley44 »

we arent worried about it being faster we all would like to see more customization options
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

just want to bump this