Crushed Dissenter
Team: Censored

Re: 3rd person adjustment with steep inclines

Post by RH154 »

+10
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Atom6246 wrote:I'd +1 but how would this effect other aspects of sim? Ex. SX triples, wall jumps, etc. Would be nice for that specific reason though.
I don't know anything about coding video games, but perhaps he can apply it only where elevation increases at a certain angle over a certain period of time? The elevation change is so abrupt and quick when you hit a take off of a SX triple or wall jump that it shouldn't really change your pov, but if that elevation change lasts longer than a second then maybe he can make it apply?
IsaiahDickerson60
Team: Tegridy

Post by IsaiahDickerson60 »

Atom6246 wrote:I'd +1 but how would this effect other aspects of sim? Ex. SX triples, wall jumps, etc. Would be nice for that specific reason though.
EightTeen
Team: Privateer

Post by EightTeen »

If you watch any video or even play Mx vs Atv Reflex it does exactly what Zoa wants. I think it would be a good addition to the game if done properly
+1
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

EightTeen wrote:If you watch any video or even play Mx vs Atv Reflex it does exactly what Zoa wants. I think it would be a good addition to the game if done properly
+1
In this gyazo this would be the ideal look for the camera to change the angle on inclines.

Now if there was a way to prevent stuff like this happening, That would make this addition almost flawless.

Now with better references, i think we could actually make this change if JLV is able to code all of it
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

SLIPPPPPPPPPPERRRRYYY SLOPE! How steep/long of an incline does it do it on? If you do it everywhere, it's a huge change and it also can add some major "floaty" feel.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Ddavis wrote:I don't know anything about coding video games, but perhaps he can apply it only where elevation increases at a certain angle over a certain period of time? The elevation change is so abrupt and quick when you hit a take off of a SX triple or wall jump that it shouldn't really change your pov, but if that elevation change lasts longer than a second then maybe he can make it apply?
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

checkerz wrote:SLIPPPPPPPPPPERRRRYYY SLOPE! How steep/long of an incline does it do it on? If you do it everywhere, it's a huge change and it also can add some major "floaty" feel.
well i know nothing about coding or game design, but in my head this is how i think it could work. If jlv calulated the shortest time it takes to climb a hill with the angle, and then the longest time to climb a hill with the angle that could work. So that way when were in SX doing wall jumps or any kind of jump in general that we dont get the floaty cam. I probably butchered this explanation, but in my head it makes since
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:If jlv calulated the shortest time it takes to climb a hill with the angle, and then the longest time to climb a hill with the angle that could work.

A more practical solution would probably be on-the-fly third person camera adjustments like lots of AAA driving games have. I'm sure first person players would like to have the same. An automated system is just going to piss you off. (see checkerz's comment)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
nathanjames

Post by nathanjames »

+1
Mfrosty5
Team: Average boi

Post by Mfrosty5 »

pls dont bully me but... how do u do +1
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

If this gets added before first person stabilization, I'm switching to 3rd and never looking back
AdamoDago

Post by AdamoDago »

+1
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

Any news about this topic ?