Looking back at opponents?

Post your suggestions here
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Re: Looking back at opponents?

Post by Jrife548 »

C.K.234 wrote:
Jrife548 wrote:
C.K.234 wrote:Yeah im all for making sim more realistic, but if you wanna take it to that level of realism then i think there should be locked roost in servers and u should be able to pull tear offs
That would just make things harder/more frustrating and cause problems, looking back would only help.
have u ever seen a motocross race without roost? ...no. Its pretty unrealistic that u can just turn ur roost off. And if it was forced in servers it would add another level to the game, you would have to take different lines if a rider is in front of you to avpid the roost, thatsb how it is irl.
Roost lags my game really hard so It only makes sense to give players the option to turn it off. Plus, IRL roost isn't so thick it literally covers up your entire POV. I would run roost on at all times if it didn't lag my game and it was actually realistic roost.
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Post by Whiteracing204 »

C.K.234 wrote:
IttayOren174 wrote:
Jrife548 wrote:Yes, looking back would be too realistic for this simulator. Instead, I'll look to my mini map that I also have in real life to track the positions of every rider on the track.
And ofcrouse if you foget to turn on your minimap in real life you constantly have a pitboard with the seconds behind :)

I dunno bout you guys but that giant ass arrow is in the way of the small white dots. Plus seeing your opponent > seeing how far behind he is, since you can predict his path (i.e "he looks like he's going for a blockpass, I'mma undercut him" - me at an actual race)
Yeah im all for making sim more realistic, but if you wanna take it to that level of realism then i think there should be locked roost in servers and u should be able to pull tear offs
The roost thing would be cool but for the people racing in 3rd person like myself, it would make the game even more unrealistic. The whole looking back thing also would be more "arcade like" in 3rd person because then you would be looking at your bike while seeing the other bikes behind you. Don't get me wrong I still like the whole idea of putting tear offs in the game and looking back while racing but i think it should be done in a way that it would still benefit people racing in 3rd person without being too unrealistic.
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Post by DCreedz#523 »

IttayOren174 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:16 am What do you guys think about a button that allows you to look back?
BUMP. Was thinking about this the other day after playing MotoGP 20. Thought it could be a cool addition to Sim.

DougBauer19 wrote:As cool as this would be, at the end of the day this game is a simulator and that'd ruin the "simulation" even more.
I have to disagree. Yeah it is a simulation game, but riders look back in real life?
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

DougBauer19 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:30 pm As cool as this would be, at the end of the day this game is a simulator and that'd ruin the "simulation" even more.
well, this simulator has a motoball thing so idk
Alex V111#1017
DougBauer19
Team: Goon Wagon

Post by DougBauer19 »

Looking back, that was a while ago and i think what i meant is it wouldnt be "simulation" if it was the lookback like all the console games where you just see your whole bike and rider from the front, and whatever is behind you. Now if in first person if there were an animation type of lookback it would be more realistic than all other games. My point was unclear then, and i dont disagree with being able to look back in game.