My 2020 Wishlist

Post your suggestions here
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

My 2020 Wishlist

Post by aeffertz »

I believe all of these have been brought up but I'm bored and I'm hoping to maybe get an updated thought from JLV since these all have been addressed by him as possible if I'm remembering correctly. These are the biggest points that hinder the game in its current state IMO. I would love if any of these were addressed.

-Multicore support
-HDRI lighting (or just a better lighting config)
-Rider lean (left/right)
-First person free cam
-Complete rider fall offs
ColtHans

Re: My 2020 Wishlist

Post by ColtHans »

+1
would be sick
C.K.234
Team: MXS Magazine KTM

Post by C.K.234 »

+1
Soul Designs
Team: ilegal taco bell

Post by Soul Designs »

+1
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

+1
238deanmaldona
Team: Underground RC

Post by 238deanmaldona »

+1
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

IMO, physics aren't as important as these 2. These will keep the game going longer than anything else without a doubt.
aeffertz wrote:-Multicore support
Looking at the other moto games where complete fall offs happen, it doesn't seem beneficial for racing. Although it doesn't look realistic when we crash now, running into peoples flipping bikes doesn't sound fun. Unless collisions were disabled but then, that wouldn't be realistic either.
Also random crash times, and track reentries. Right now people can see/know where downed riders will be. Spawning riders in sections would be terrible.

I sure do hope we can at least get 1 of these updates in the very near future though.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

What does first person free cam mean?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

probably the ability to look around with the right analog stick. I'm not sure how many buttons these guys have on their controllers to expect free roam and the ability to use rider lean as well :lol:
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

multi core support and better lighting should be the main priority imo. Would be sooo nice. :D
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Atom6246 wrote:IMO, physics aren't as important as these 2. These will keep the game going longer than anything else without a doubt.
aeffertz wrote:-Multicore support
I sure do hope we can at least get 1 of these updates in the very near future though.
AtlasZoor wrote:multi core support and better lighting should be the main priority imo. Would be sooo nice. :D
Yeah, that's why I put them at the top. They would be huge benefits. And by free cam I basically just meant being able to look left and right, yeah.
Atom6246 wrote:Looking at the other moto games where complete fall offs happen, it doesn't seem beneficial for racing. Although it doesn't look realistic when we crash now, running into peoples flipping bikes doesn't sound fun. Unless collisions were disabled but then, that wouldn't be realistic either.
Also random crash times, and track reentries. Right now people can see/know where downed riders will be. Spawning riders in sections would be terrible.
I don't think it would be all that different. What I imagine would be the rider doesn't have a collision but the bike still does like it does now. The rider would just spawn on the bike where it was stopped. So it's not like it would spawn them in random spots, so you could still steer clear of the downed bike. It would just spawn or turn upright in it's stopped location. Beneficial for racing, no probably not but I don't think it would be detrimental at all either. It would increase the fun factor of the game by a lot though, IMO of course. Track reentry wouldn't be any different than if a rider tumbles off track now. So basically, you'd see a bike tipped over where it stopped tumbling and it would then just turn upright and the rider would spawn on it. There could be a minimum time the rider needs to be done tumbling around before he's returned to the bike.

As far as buttons go for turning the rider head, there are still plenty of free buttons on a basic controller. Left or right on the D-Pad or an analog stick depending on your setup. Think about other games like Forza or Dirt that has a look around feature without a limited button issue and I think they have more features to bind to buttons.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

If both rider lean and first person head turn were implimented, I think I'd set my right analog stick to rider lean like Reflex and assign the head to the D-Pad.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

If rider fall of does become a thing it would be cool to make it so how ever far you fall from the bike is how long it would take for you to reset. Because as of right now waiting 9 seconds for a tip over in a corner sucks, but if you have the update it could be 1-3 seconds. However, if you endo over a triple and fly 20 feet from the bike then maybe those 9 seconds are deserved.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

aeffertz wrote:the rider doesn't have a collision but the bike still does like it does now.
That's the concern I have. Bike goes flipping, innocent person gets affected.
or
Bike gets respawned inside of someone, both crash. Or even worse crashes their game.

I guess in a perfect world, it would be cool. I was in Skooty's stream the other night and thought this was really funny :lol:
AtlasZoor wrote:If rider fall of does become a thing it would be cool to make it so how ever far you fall from the bike is how long it would take for you to reset.
but what if....
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Atom6246 wrote:That's the concern I have. Bike goes flipping, innocent person gets affected.
How would that be different than if the rider and bike goes flipping now, though?
Atom6246 wrote:Bike gets respawned inside of someone, both crash. Or even worse crashes their game.
What I'm saying is the bike would just turn upright where it is laying and the rider spawns back on it. It wouldn't be any different than the rider and bike turning upright like it is now.