Pin option for skins

Post your suggestions here
Timo Van Dyk
Team: MV Films

Pin option for skins

Post by Timo Van Dyk »

Hi guys

I have loads of skins and with typing the skin name it sometimes takes a few minutes.

I would like a pin/fav option so my skins that i want show up first in the list.

This can be simpely done by a check box next to the skin name or something

Cheers,

Timo
KTM57

Re: Pin option for skins

Post by KTM57 »

I like this idea. I think most would agree that the flow of the menu system could be improved. Bike skins are the most painless because they are categorized by year and model. I have over 10 years' worth of tracks and sifting through them all alphabetically is unreasonable, especially without a universal naming convention.

I would love the ability to create my own subfolders or categorize in some way that doesn't break functionality for multiplayer — something a little more robust than a favorite tag. The menus themselves are currently super straightforward and intuitive until you've forgotten the name or spelling of some specific track or rider skin.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

You could just hover over the menu before you actually open it and type in what the track or skin is called
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Jrife548 wrote:You could just hover over the menu before you actually open it and type in what the track or skin is called
Yes, but when you have around 150 jerseys with your name on it, cycling through "storken" 142 times to find the one you want is quite tedious.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

True, but another way to get around that is to put a few !!! in front of the folder your skins are in, they'll appear right on top
Timo Van Dyk

Post by Timo Van Dyk »

Wahlamt wrote:
Jrife548 wrote:You could just hover over the menu before you actually open it and type in what the track or skin is called

Wahlamt wrote:Yes, but when you have around 150 jerseys with your name on it, cycling through "storken" 142 times to find the one you want is quite tedious.

Exactly ^^^
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If you want to find something like "sinisalo_wardy_blue", type "sinisalo" <backspace> "wardy" <backspace> "blue" and it should put you right on it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Timo Van Dyk

Post by Timo Van Dyk »

Bringing this topic back up. As this is usefull since the method that JLV explained doesnt work all Times. ( atleast for me , maybe im doing it wrong)

This wouldnt be too hard to implement right? It would be very usefull eg. for the example that Wahlamt said. And just in General.