Auto skin download

Post your suggestions here
benjiby88
Team: TPLF

Auto skin download

Post by benjiby88 »

Hi everyone :D

I'm playing the game since 2017, it is dope!

What i'd really appreciate is get a setting letting you choose if you want to download current skin of your opponents once racing against them on a server. It's already nice being able to replace ugly bikes by stock ones; but it would be great to see actual opponent as he is without downloading the 2000 topics of the forum!
mikez#411

Re: Auto skin download

Post by mikez#411 »

This has been suggested alot over the years. This would be a nice feature however...
This means it would also download private skins/models people have and don't want to share...
And imagine how big your personal folder will get if it downloads every skin someone uses online ...
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Not to mention downloading 40 4k skins at 16mb a pop just for a race restart.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

It would be Nice if the skins could be rendered during the race (maybe an Option to turn it on/off). Just for the Visuals
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Maybe if we still had traditional HD packs but as of late, every model and skin has become a total resource hog.
only one to win something real from the game!
benjiby88
Team: TPLF

Post by benjiby88 »

isn't it possible to lock skins if you don't want to share them? just to be able to visualise it without using it if this is really the issue?
the issue about size? i would say it is up to everyone; if you have memory why not using it? if not either don't active the option or buy additionnal hard drive
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Fair enough. I can agree
only one to win something real from the game!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

The idea of PtP sharing of a skin is an interesting one, even if the shared skin is compressed down to 512 or 256 before being sent. I wonder what the logistics would look like for a group of people racing with fast enough connections. Couldn't imagine it would increase load times substantially, if it could be implemented.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

ddmx wrote:The idea of PtP sharing of a skin is an interesting one, even if the shared skin is compressed down to 512 or 256 before being sent. I wonder what the logistics would look like for a group of people racing with fast enough connections. Couldn't imagine it would increase load times substantially, if it could be implemented.
I believe Trackmania used this method