Multiple replacement gear/bike

Post your suggestions here
Ash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Multiple replacement gear/bike

Post by Ash »

Hello,

Is it possible to have multiple gears or bikes on a replacement pack ? I found nothing about that on this forum.

If not, could you add this feature JLV ? I think it will take you only few minutes to add it and for us, it will be amazing for not have so many clones on multiplayers race.

How you could do it (for gear):
  • User create all wanted replacement gears with name like "rider_body1.png", "rider_body2.png", "rider_body3.png", ...
  • When Mx Simulator loads files, it count the number of replacement gear. (3 on this example).
  • When we join server, Mx Simulator apply specific replacement gear based on the modulo of this counter. Example : The rider uid is 25684 and I have 3 replacement gears. 25684 mod 3 = 1, So Mx Simulator will apply "rider_body1.png" to this player.
    Why use the modulo instead of random assignment ? Because with that, rider will keep the same gear bewteen race even if you come back on the server later.
I think it could be a real good feature for online races.
But if it's already possible. How can I do it ?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Multiple replacement gear/bike

Post by Wahlamt »

Asked this when I made the last update. His reply:
jlv wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:49 am Probably best to do that as a script function. The skin fallbacks get a little complicated and I'm a little worried I'll break stuff if I just randomly tack on "-alt1".
Ash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: Multiple replacement gear/bike

Post by Ash »

Wahlamt wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:20 am Asked this when I made the last update. His reply:
jlv wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:49 am Probably best to do that as a script function. The skin fallbacks get a little complicated and I'm a little worried I'll break stuff if I just randomly tack on "-alt1".
It's the problem with JLV. He is worries to break stuff if he changes his very old scripts. But when you develop game, it's normal to break stuff when you try to improve it. Just take your backup and try again until break nothing. I think JLV need help to level up MX Simulator (new UI, new JS HUD,...) but he doesn't want to be help. I'm sad because Mxs is dying and his father do nothing to evode that.
Some guys like the creator of MxsRank, good modeler like Jre could be help him to improve his game with new features and better 3D model.