Port the engine to unity/other engine, or release it to the public.

Post your suggestions here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Port the engine to unity/other engine, or release it to the public.

Post by jlv »

Probably going to move the UI and editor code to Javascript after I'm done with the terrain engine updates. That'll make UI updates way easier.

Right now I'm working on the AMD performance problem. It's a real mess to fix it since the AMD driver completely stalls the pipeline whenever you update a vertex buffer that it's drawing out of. So I have to defer all drawing until I have a full buffer and then issue all the drawing calls after the buffer has been filled while simultaneously replaying all the state changes that happened. Ugh. It's a shame the Linux drivers don't work on Windows since they don't have the problem.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
al167
Team: Privateer

Post by al167 »

jlv wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:29 am Probably going to move the UI and editor code to Javascript after I'm done with the terrain engine updates. That'll make UI updates way easier.
nice to hear :D

good luck with the new terrain engine updates.
al167
Team: Privateer

Post by al167 »

al167 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:42 am good luck with the new terrain engine updates.
after I re-read that it sounded blunt and sarcastic, but i was actually seriously wishing you good luck mate!
cheers
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

jlv wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:29 am Updates
A few people have now said it, and I agree with my bestie Andy <3. No one here has paid for updates like other games. If the update is indeed very large, it might be time to split off for an MXS 2.0 to get additional funding. I'm not sure if funding is an issue for you but it could also provide incentive.

Possibly worth taking it to a poll.
Hi
T-RIDER
Team: System Decal

Post by T-RIDER »

Boblob801 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:10 am
jlv wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:29 am Updates
A few people have now said it, and I agree with my bestie Andy <3. No one here has paid for updates like other games. If the update is indeed very large, it might be time to split off for an MXS 2.0 to get additional funding. I'm not sure if funding is an issue for you but it could also provide incentive.

Possibly worth taking it to a poll.
Absolutely, I'd buy this game multiple times over.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I've bought the game twice already, and I'd pay for a third. The decade+ of updates is well worth the small investment.