Re: Possible game bug fix? Landing Damping Liftoff

Post by motokid499 »

0.01*
Tanner Rogers
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Sorry for tp, but to confirm, what you are changing is the damping based on how long the tire has been off the ground right? So through chatter if it lifts and retouches very rapidly the damping would be minimal, and through whoops maybe get half damping, and landing a jump gets full damping kinda thing? In theory?
Tanner Rogers
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

motokid499 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:41 pm Sorry for tp, but to confirm, what you are changing is the damping based on how long the tire has been off the ground right? So through chatter if it lifts and retouches very rapidly the damping would be minimal, and through whoops maybe get half damping, and landing a jump gets full damping kinda thing? In theory?
I'm just making the factor ramp up instead of instantly going to the max value when the front tire leaves the ground. So before it would go to land_damping_factor in one step once the tire isn't touching and then start decaying back down to 1 once it's back on the ground. The new way will count up to land_damping_factor over land_damping_rampup seconds when the wheel leaves the ground and do the decay the same old way.

I think I might try something with restricted lock while I'm at it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

jlv wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:47 am I'm just making the factor ramp up instead of instantly going to the max value when the front tire leaves the ground. So before it would go to land_damping_factor in one step once the tire isn't touching and then start decaying back down to 1 once it's back on the ground. The new way will count up to land_damping_factor over land_damping_rampup seconds when the wheel leaves the ground and do the decay the same old way.

I think I might try something with restricted lock while I'm at it.
I fully understand now, my confusion came from my mistake that the damping applies instantly when the front tire retouches, I wasn't aware it ramped up as soon as the front tire leaves the ground. This sounds like it could work well. Excited to test it out!
Tanner Rogers
cloaked
Team: Privateer

Post by cloaked »

Since the "landing damping ramp up" setting was added a year ago, what values are people using for it now?

Here's the setup I'm using: https://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic ... 48#p852848