[JS] Teleport Player

Post your suggestions here
Ash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

[JS] Teleport Player

Post by Ash »

Hello,

Is it possible to teleport player with Javascript function like it's possible on timetrial ?
For example :
- Player write a specific command on the chat
- Javascript function read this command and run function to teleport player on other coordinates.

Like that, if we want to build huge compound with different areas.We could use javascript to move player to specific zone.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: [JS] Teleport Player

Post by jlv »

Wouldn't be hard to do but it'd be something you'd have to be very careful with to not cause problems.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

Good news :D

What kind of problems we could have with this feature ?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

First that comes to mind is cheating, or hidden "features".
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

jlv wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 am Wouldn't be hard to do but it'd be something you'd have to be very careful with to not cause problems.
Do you have news about my request ? I have so many idea of new concepts if this feature is available !
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

What you could do (this is what I do and it's a lot easier than what you're trying to do) is just build the compound in time trial mode, and move the timing gate before the finish timing gate to where you wanna go in the editor.
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

Jrife548 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:24 pm What you could do (this is what I do and it's a lot easier than what you're trying to do) is just build the compound in time trial mode, and move the timing gate before the finish timing gate to where you wanna go in the editor.
I already know that, my suggestion is for Multiplayer.
For example, with this feature we could create the same multiplayer mode than the new Royal mode on Trackmania. New SkyMadness map without come back way,... I think it will be open a lot of new options for funnier server.
It's also allow Time trial in multiplayer,...
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Ash wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:02 am New SkyMadness map
I'm listening.

*also all skymadness tracks comes with a version without the ramps* 8)
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

Wahlamt wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:12 pm
Ash wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:02 am New SkyMadness map
I'm listening.

*also all skymadness tracks comes with a version without the ramps* 8)
I know for version without ramps. But just, imagine one second if teleportation are available. We can just go back on the last gate with command even if we play in multiplayer on it. It will be open a lot of new game modes.
Please JLV, do it, like you said : "Wouldn't be hard to do".
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

"but it'd be something you'd have to be very careful with to not cause problems."
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

jlv wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:10 am "but it'd be something you'd have to be very careful with to not cause problems."
What problems it could be cause ?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Ash wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:58 am What problems it could be cause ?
There would be some decisions to make about what to do for teleports that move the playing inside of another player or something it would collide with. But I'm more concerned about giving a useful tool to people reverse engineering the game.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
JettWisdom

Post by JettWisdom »

jlv wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:02 pm
Ash wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:58 am What problems it could be cause ?
There would be some decisions to make about what to do for teleports that move the playing inside of another player or something it would collide with. But I'm more concerned about giving a useful tool to people reverse engineering the game.
could you do waypoints for single player?
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

jlv wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:02 pm There would be some decisions to make about what to do for teleports that move the playing inside of another player or something it would collide with.
For the collide, you just have to edit the X value of target position if it's inside object or player until the target position is clear. No very hard to do I think.
jlv wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:02 pm But I'm more concerned about giving a useful tool to people reverse engineering the game.
I'm not sur that to be concerne about hack on small game are very important. It's more important to help people who create content for your game (track, bike, skin, ...). Hacker will be fastly ban on server if the hack during races.