Holeshot Specific Timing Gate

Post your suggestions here
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Holeshot Specific Timing Gate

Post by DBRider251 »

As my understanding, the holeshot that the server page reports is the first timing gate on the track that riders hit, correct? It would be nice to either be able to select a specific gate or have a completely separate gate designated to only catching the holeshot.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Holeshot Specific Timing Gate

Post by jlv »

It's the second gate hit by default. You can add "holeshotindex" to the trackinfo to change it. Probably best to package the trackinfo file with the track if you do that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

DBRider251 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:06 pm It would be nice to have a completely separate gate designated to only catching the holeshot.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Why? It needs to be a valid timing gate to store the times.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

I wasn't aware of the holeshot index, but it would work exactly like I'd imagine. Setting a timing gate at the holeshot line and setting the index to that would be exactly what I asked for, correct?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Ash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Ash »

Yes,

But due to the holeshot index is only defined on the trackinfo file and not in track files. If someone generate a new trackinfo file with "/savetrackinfo", the holeshot gate will go back to the second gate.

It could be nice to have the possibility to define it on the "timing_gates" file to keep it on the new trackinfo.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Ash wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:05 am It could be nice to have the possibility to define it on the "timing_gates" file to keep it on the new trackinfo.