Giving the masses what they actually want

Post your suggestions here
Lancer2004
Team: Shitter

Re: Giving the masses what they actually want

Post by Lancer2004 »

jlv wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:16 am
Jakob Hubbard wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:34 am
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:06 amThe histogram is the number of frames at 128 FPS, 64 FPS, 32 FPS, etc. The percentages are the percent of 128 FPS frames.
Gotcha, test results look pretty promising. Good to see.
Yeah, I was just hoping it wouldn't be slower. Getting this much improvement is a nice surprise.
having any improvement is a nice surprise I think. Being able to make the game more playable for more people is gonna be awesome for accessibility. I have a pretty solid PC now, but I remember my old laptop could barely even run JGMX 2016 fun track on full low graphics
Image <-- Discord

Image <-- payson is big brain
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:35 am
jlv wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 am Basically what I've been doing for the last 6 months is
I would love to see more of these posts from you. Just status updates about what you're doing to the game excites me because it goes stale for a while and I'm curious about what's going on.
this is a +1 from i would say probably 99% of the players in this community, its always a little frustraiting never knowing whats going on and then when a update or snapshot releases we all go crazy of joy.

Just having a locked topic for you to do status updates on like the big games does their "news" on steam with whats going on and whats on the roadmap is something a lot of people would appreciate just so they know thats something is happening. even if its the slightest work or a huge change people would still know that there is work being made for the game and there is something to look forward to.

I always found roadmaps a nice way to look at things, lets say your now doing this opengl update for better fps that would be one part of the roadmap and an estimated time of being done lets say Q1 2022, after that you're planning a terrain engine update to have better and easier making of tracks and track loading ingame etc, planned to go live in lets say Q2 2022, that would make us have something to look forward to knowing that theres something significant coming up and just having as stated previous a status update say once every month to just say, heres whats been going on this month just coding and testing to update it to a newer opengl version and also done some rider animations updates see gifs below. Image

imo this could be a very good way to always be present and letting the players know that there is indeed something happening with the game and not having these players saying like oh no he dont care about the game hes got what he wanted out of it its never gonna be up to date and all that.

Thats my take on it, Thank you for popping in sometimes to lighten up our days with news and info!
JLV for president.
Freddy694

Post by Freddy694 »

i also think UI is a big part of games as to where if the ui dont look top notch some people might think the game isnt as nice as if it had a new and nice looking ui.
And doing a ui makeover having a preview of what the skin looks like would be nice, just having a rider and a bike standing there showing what skins you have loaded. And in this community there is some really good both professional and hobbyist graphic designers that could be a helping hand designing elements for a new ui.
same with the forums, having a design update on both ui and forum would to me give the game in a whole a big uplift.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You're right that I should write more about what I'm doing, especially when it's a long time between updates like this. It's just that writing about it takes time away from actually doing it. Still worth it but it's hard to convince yourself of that when you feel like you're not getting enough done.

I definitely want to do UI/editor scripting when I'm done with the terrain stuff. Doing the UI and editor stuff in Javascript instead of C will be much more convenient and quicker to develop. Plus it will allow people to make their own extensions to the editor.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:42 am Doing the UI and editor stuff in Javascript instead of C will be much more convenient and quicker to develop. Plus it will allow people to make their own extensions to the editor.
:shock:

Would this be will frill.js or a new file that we would have to extend to the game?
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:55 am :shock:

Would this be a frills.js file or a new file that we would have to extend to the game?
Grammar fix, also I'm assuming this would probably be a different file built in by yourself (jlv). Or you may not even know what you're going to do as of right now because it's far down the line in terms of development, but I'm intrigued.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

jlv wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:23 am and nearly instant decal drops.
:shock:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:50 pm
Jakob Hubbard wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:55 am :shock:

Would this be a frills.js file or a new file that we would have to extend to the game?
Grammar fix, also I'm assuming this would probably be a different file built in by yourself (jlv). Or you may not even know what you're going to do as of right now because it's far down the line in terms of development, but I'm intrigued.
It definitely wouldn't be a track file like frills.js. I'd probably name it ui.js in the top level directory.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ryan721
Team: Privateer

Post by Ryan721 »

Can we get a simpler version of making suspension setups, thanks to Peter I have no idea what I'm doing now and I"ve been playing since 2012. I can only imagine how confusing it is for new players just needing to do simple tweaks for different style tracks.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Ryan721 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:39 am Can we get a simpler version of making suspension setups, thanks to Peter I have no idea what I'm doing now and I"ve been playing since 2012. I can only imagine how confusing it is for new players just needing to do simple tweaks for different style tracks.
If you want to learn you can use this to teach yourself a lot of the settings
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

jlv wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:42 am I definitely want to do UI/editor.
Wouldn't mind helping out with the UI design.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Bradclay306 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:54 am Wouldn't mind helping out with the UI design.
When it's scriptable anyone will be able to redo the UI.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Maxim Barancheev
Team: Burbmoto

Post by Maxim Barancheev »

As I’m a trackmaker, I would like that with my track crew we can make tracks together in the same time. I mean that for example on 1 server we are making track together, so every builder who make it now, can see all work and test at this moment. It will be faster to make tracks I think, and easier.

Also would be great, if we can get relief a bit easier lol.

Hope in the near future we will get “MX Simulator 2”. :)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Maxim Barancheev wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:41 am As I’m a trackmaker, I would like that with my track crew we can make tracks together in the same time. I mean that for example on 1 server we are making track together, so every builder who make it now, can see all work and test at this moment. It will be faster to make tracks I think, and easier.

Also would be great, if we can get relief a bit easier lol.

Hope in the near future we will get “MX Simulator 2”. :)
It sounds hard to do on the face of it. I guess maybe if I converted all the editor commands to text and then bounced them off the server it might not be too bad.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

jlv wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:01 am I'm definitely planning on making 4097x4097 terrain sizes practical so it should be possible to run a small scale and still have a reasonably large terrain.
I know this was almost a month ago now but I forgot to ask if there was a timeframe on implementing this, currently working on a project with someone and this would be an absolute life savor for me.