Controller Vibration

Post your suggestions here
ddmx

Controller Vibration

Post by ddmx »

I was playing this game silent, as I sometimes do, and it sort of occurred to me that if anyone deaf has ever played this game it would be really difficult to always know when to shift. So, aside from the other obvious benefits of having controller vibrations, how about low vibes at ultra low RPMs (< 1500?) and high vibes when you're on the rev limiter?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Controller Vibration

Post by jlv »

It'd be cool if you could set the exact frequency and make it match the RPM. With Xbox controllers you just get percentage settings for the high and low frequency motors but it's not specific about the RPM you get. They're probably light enough that you wouldn't feel anything if they spun at actual RPM anyway. Might make sense to pulse it at the game motor RPM.

Anyway, not planning on messing with this anytime soon.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
baker

Re: Controller Vibration

Post by baker »

ddmx wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:25 pm I was playing this game silent, as I sometimes do, and it sort of occurred to me that if anyone deaf has ever played this game it would be really difficult to always know when to shift. So, aside from the other obvious benefits of having controller vibrations, how about low vibes at ultra low RPMs (< 1500?) and high vibes when you're on the rev limiter?
I see this as helpful when the non-deaf have sound off; I tend to keep my volume super quiet when the baby is sleeping so all I can use to shift is keeping the gear changes timed and judge the speed. Even with volume sounds kinda cool