Ability to set an in game controls function to multiple buttons

Post your suggestions here
DaDAVO#31
Team: Privateer

Ability to set an in game controls function to multiple buttons

Post by DaDAVO#31 »

was playing around with the controls after playing for a long time and really started to notice the huge amount of braking power when using both front and back brakes. When you stoppie in braking bumps it can make the rear start to swing left to right so you can only brake so hard but add a bit of anti lock rear braking and it stops awesome.

my issue is I run both the rear brake and shift down on LB so I can easily just press one button to do it all. But because I have the shift down function in there each time I come on and off the rear brake it shifts down making it unstable with too much engine braking or it puts me in the wrong gear for the section ahead and since you can only set one function to one button it it is impossible to also combine front and rear brakes to LT. I could just set the rear brake to another button but I only got so many fingers and if I combine front and rear brakes to LT when I want to rear brake tap it makes the front wheel go dead in the air.

So for example it Would be good to be able to set the rear brake to LT and LB.

I think if any function could have two key binds available to use and set up in the controls menu would be a great addition.

or even the ability to simply just have a combined brakes function for the front brake so people can still run a separate rear brake for brake taps.

My Ideal setup:

Throttle - RT
Front Brake - LT
Rear Brake - (LB and LT)
Lean Left/Right- Left Stick
Clutch - Y
Up Shift - RB
Down Shift - LB
Sit/Dab - B
Back Up - A
Lean Forward/Back - Right Stick

my current setup:

Throttle - RT
Front Brake - LT
Rear Brake - LB
Lean Left/Right- Left Stick
Clutch - Y
Up Shift - RB
Down Shift - LB
Sit/Dab - B
Back Up - A
Lean Forward/Back - Right Stick

For anyone thinking that if your in too high of a gear and need to shift down, that with this key bind setup for LB that you will hit the rear brake and mess up, it doesn't wreck you in game but definitely can slow you down a little. if you wanna try the setup just gotta make sure you are always in the right gear. becomes muscle memory after a while.

So what do y'all think.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Ability to set an in game controls function to multiple buttons

Post by jlv »

This is an often requested feature. It's on my list but I'm working on other things first.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DaDAVO#31
Team: Privateer

Post by DaDAVO#31 »

just wondering how far off this would be now
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Working on making it leave a trail of tire mark decals behind the bikes now. After that I'm going to do the final part of the terrain renderer optimization. (Making it render in larger chunks.) I'm not sure what's top priority after that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:55 amI'm not sure what's top priority after that.
ui and editor scripting pls :D
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:08 am
jlv wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:55 amI'm not sure what's top priority after that.
ui and editor scripting pls :D
That's definitely near the top. Not sure if it might be smarter to do HDR environment map lighting/shading first though. The shading should be easier to do but I'd really like to have the UI and editor scripting.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:45 am That's definitely near the top. Not sure if it might be smarter to do HDR environment map lighting/shading first though. The shading should be easier to do but I'd really like to have the UI and editor scripting.
I think general consensus among the players is that HDR environment lighting/shading would be a bigger priority as it has more of a general community impact vs scripting only impacts devs and since that's pretty niche in this community lighting/shading would be the bigger priority. Plus if it's easier definitely should do that first.