Display Client's Modified Files to Client

Post your suggestions here
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Display Client's Modified Files to Client

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Since there's already a checksum system in place that checks clients tracks vs server's tracks, I'm wondering how difficult it would be to display to the client what files are different from the servers?

Ex.
Client track modified - does not match server's track (track_folder_name)
Client files modified -> statue, tileinfo, decals, etc.

I had a headache trying to figure out why my version of a track I pushed to GitHub and the same version someone downloaded had caused a client track modified error and I feel like it would be useful for players to know which files are incorrect so it makes it easier to debug and fix.
BcMxKx37

Re: Display Client's Modified Files to Client

Post by BcMxKx37 »

:?
baker

Post by baker »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:20 am Since there's already a checksum system in place that checks clients tracks vs server's tracks, I'm wondering how difficult it would be to display to the client what files are different from the servers?

Ex.
Client track modified - does not match server's track (track_folder_name)
Client files modified -> statue, tileinfo, decals, etc.

I had a headache trying to figure out why my version of a track I pushed to GitHub and the same version someone downloaded had caused a client track modified error and I feel like it would be useful for players to know which files are incorrect so it makes it easier to debug and fix.
+1 otherwise just a guessing game right now
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

All the server knows is the hash from the trackinfo file. What I need is a /listtrackfiles command so you can see where the files opened in the process of loading the track came from.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

jlv wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:55 am All the server knows is the hash from the trackinfo file. What I need is a /listtrackfiles command so you can see where the files opened in the process of loading the track came from.
Anything to help would be nice in the future