Timing Gates Deleting

Post your suggestions here
supercrosspig

Timing Gates Deleting

Post by supercrosspig »

When making tracks I constantly have all my timing gates randomly get deleted. I make sure to only have the timing gate file or MX Sim open one at a time and they still will do it. Really tired of having to redo my timing gates 5 times on every track.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Timing Gates Deleting

Post by jlv »

Why don't you make a backup copy of the timing gates file?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

I can't figure out why but if I copy and paste the same gates it still doesn't work. I can have all the timing gates listed in the file but when I load in game they aren't there. I can't find anything that gets changed with the file, no changes to the format, all numbers have 6 decimals, brackets are same. It's like it just corrupts those set of numbers. Only solution is to put a new timing gate file in with different timing gate locations and redo.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Are you using the "%localappdata%\MX Simulator" folder? The game saves in that folder and files in that folder take precedence over the install folder. So if you have your track files in "C:\Program Files\MX Simulator" the game will ignore any changes in that folder once you've saved the track in the game.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

I am. I know my way around the track editor and the files associated with it pretty well and am pretty sure I'm not looking something over on my end. I've grabbed timing gate files from other tracks and they work, but when i copy paste my gates into the file they don't appear. My only solution right now is to place the timing gates, take a picture of where I put them, set up the firstlap and normallap, go back and replace the gates, and then save and exit editor without ever hitting save or opening the file again.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

What does the timing gate file look like after it's been corrupted?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

Like a normal timing gate file. The starting gates still work. Just no timing gates in game even though they are formatted correctly. Like these timing gates aren't showing in game:

jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Why not post the entire file? Just copy and paste it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

The only thing I could think of is maybe theres something wrong with the version of notepad++ I'm on but I opened it with normal notepad and it did the same. One of those might have an empty line you have to delete, I was trying something and forgot to delete the space.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

There's a blank line before "checkpoints:" in the first file. The second file has too short of a first lap. It needs to be at least 3 gates long.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

The less than 3 gates thing fixed one of the files, thank you. The other one, like I said in the above one, the timing gates aren't appearing still.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Did you delete the blank line? I agree it does need better error messages.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

yeah i deleted it and it didn't seem to work. I just redid them using another timing gate file so now it's working. It's not the biggest deal but occasionally the timing gates will randomly delete, especially if you have the file open.