Declining Erode

Post your suggestions here
Mxkid823
Team: SPINC

Declining Erode

Post by Mxkid823 »

Is there a way to get erode that lowers over time? Say I'm riding with a low amount of people, I want the first few laps to dig down deep (1.0-2.0) but after that it just gets choppy enough it has no flow so I'd want it to progressively get less aggressive. Maybe set up another part in the command bar like "server,erode 1.0 0.05" where every minute it drops 0.05 until it reaches zero. Is this something anyone else would want?
2019 BRMXS Amat Supercross Part 1 [NA] 450SX Champion
3 - rF Amateur [NA] SX Wins (Oakland & Houston 2019; Atlanta 2020)
1 - MXSEMF Amateur [NA] SX Win (Minneapolis 2019)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Declining Erode

Post by jlv »

Nothing does that now. It has been requested a lot though. I've been hesitant to do it since it wouldn't be based on any real phenomena.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Would that not simulate compaction to an extent?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

No, if it were time based the track would harden even with no one riding on it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Burto235
Team: JJBK racing

Post by Burto235 »

The track gets harder overtime because it dries out, but this does not happen on sand
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

That's a decent rationale. Although doing it over the course of a moto is probably exaggerating it a lot.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Still comes back to what Chex asked for long ago. A 'loam' layer then harder dirt underneath. Right now we have nothing simulating tillage.
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

To be fair, gearing your 250 to stock gearing and being able to hit 50mph in 1st gear is also not based on any real bike, or shifting through all the gears in 2 tenths of a second. I think the game could really really benefit from this, like watching rF nationals now and seeing a rut end up getting 5 feet taller than where it started over the course of 1 moto is a little ridiculous.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The gear ratios are accurate. I'd guess at the redline you'd be around 35 MPH in first and 70 MPH in top gear. 50 feet/second is about 35 miles/hour so if you have togglespeed on it should show around 50 feet/second wound out in first.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Could you achieve a similar affect by just having a cap for erode height/depth? Say erode hits the max depth and cant get deeper but the rut shape/angle could still change. idk just spitballin'
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Ktmrdr11 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:21 am Could you achieve a similar affect by just having a cap for erode height/depth? Say erode hits the max depth and cant get deeper but the rut shape/angle could still change. idk just spitballin'
You can already set depth limits. I don't think it works that well though. I guess I might have to add another map that just has the number of times it's been ridden over.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com