Editor Oval shaped gradients

Post your suggestions here
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Editor Oval shaped gradients

Post by jgmtbike »

Hey JLV,

Implementing some sort of 3 point gradient would be really helpful when creating ruts. Then track makers could create ruts with hooks and decreasing or increasing radius. Something like the below:

If there was just one more point to adjust the "vertex" it would be so helpful and allow track makers to make some very interesting and unique shaped ruts. Right now all we can create is perfectly circular ruts as you. So the radius is essentially the same all the way through the turn.

Obviously the radius is not the same all the way through a turn IRL.

Thanks, let me know what you think! :D :D
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Editor Oval shaped gradients

Post by jlv »

I definitely want something more general purpose than an oval. Probably something like a mesh with a subdivision modifier in blender. It has to be able to do things like funky hip jumps in SX without having to use multiple gradients in different paint modes.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jgmtbike
Team: WiLdSiDesigns (JGMX)

Post by jgmtbike »

jlv wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:53 pm I definitely want something more general purpose than an oval. Probably something like a mesh with a subdivision modifier in blender. It has to be able to do things like funky hip jumps in SX without having to use multiple gradients in different paint modes.
I dig it! That sounds awesome!
-If you like riding my tracks please donate to the cause https://www.paypal.me/jgmtbike

-Thanks so much for all your support of my tracks.

TeeranTomich
Team: Connect Visual

Post by TeeranTomich »

gradient ruts poopoo, raise lower much better, dont change anything jlv <3 its perfect the way it is, more than 5 undos would be cooter tho bloke cheers