Check Points

Post your suggestions here
ChuZ__

Check Points

Post by ChuZ__ »

I’m guessing this has already been done but I’ll say my opinion.

I was playing time trail and love that I can teleport to the timing gate that’s after it. So it got me thinking what about setting a command in chat that can teleport you to a specific place that you checkpointed. I think it would be a heap of fun playing with buddies and just hitting some huge crazy line over and over.

What I’ve done in the past is that I would go into the editor and move the timing gate to a face of a jump or start of a corner and jump or raillll it over and over. If I fall off I would just “back up” and hit it again. The only downside is that on time trail you can’t go back into demo. Which isn’t a big deal but when you do some big sends you’ll want to replay it!! Over all it would be a really cool thing to happened. Btw thanks for a awesome game JLV.
Brent Peterson for president 2024Image
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Check Points

Post by jlv »

There are technical reasons that would make online teleporting a bad idea.

I do like the idea of being able to rewind when spectating. It'd be super useful for replays during race coverage.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Chance
Team: Privateer

Post by Chance »

jlv wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:16 am There are technical reasons that would make online teleporting a bad idea.

I do like the idea of being able to rewind when spectating. It'd be super useful for replays during race coverage.
It'd be nice if possible, just in singleplayer or maybe even multiplayer but somehow the server would owner would have to enable it, idk if thats possible but even if not just in singleplayer being able to have a button to set a reset point or respawn at that point, I know you can move timing gates and reset to them but its a hassle sometimes
ChuZ__

Post by ChuZ__ »

Chance wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:00 pm
jlv wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:16 am There are technical reasons that would make online teleporting a bad idea.

It'd be nice if possible, just in singleplayer or maybe even multiplayer but somehow the server would owner would have to enable it, idk if thats possible but even if not just in singleplayer being able to have a button to set a reset point or respawn at that point, I know you can move timing gates and reset to them but its a hassle sometimes
Exactly! You probably don’t even need them in multiplayer, but just marking a point and going back to it when ever you want would be so cool.
Brent Peterson for president 2024Image
Jrife548
Team: looking 4 gamer team

Post by Jrife548 »

How about the ability to make duplicates of timing gates. What I mean is being able to make, lets say 2 #5 timing gates. That way, if you cross either one of them, your lap will continue without cuts. Then you don't have to make huge wide timing gates for things like split sections.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Jrife548 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:34 pm How about the ability to make duplicates of timing gates. What I mean is being able to make, lets say 2 #5 timing gates. That way, if you cross either one of them, your lap will continue without cuts. Then you don't have to make huge wide timing gates for things like split sections.
Yeah, I do need to do something for split sections.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

Preferably like a 5a and 5b, then 6a and 6b where if you go through 5a you have to go through 6a and not 6b. That way people can't cut stuff like the daytona split they have every year.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

supercrosspig wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:33 pm Preferably like a 5a and 5b, then 6a and 6b where if you go through 5a you have to go through 6a and not 6b. That way people can't cut stuff like the daytona split they have every year.
I wonder if that would always be the preferred behavior. It's tough to account for everything since the rules for things like joker lanes are completely ad hoc
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com