Track Editing In Multiplayer Servers.

Post your suggestions here
Jessemx67,
Team: Radiant Decals

Track Editing In Multiplayer Servers.

Post by Jessemx67, »

I Build tracks and me and my friends test the track but I cant build in a server
so i have to go in a single player to build and then send the track to them,
it would just be easier to create in a server to create tracks.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Track Editing In Multiplayer Servers.

Post by jlv »

This is suggested fairly often. In the past I've thought it would be a little silly and hard to implement. I'm coming around now. A bunch of people building and testing in a huge collaborative track making effort would be pretty awesome. Imagine doing the SX tracks that way every week. After I'm done with the terrain engine updates I'll think about what's next but this idea will be right up there.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Trppz
Team: Platinum

Post by Trppz »

+1
supercrosspig

Post by supercrosspig »

I think there's a lot of potential with this because it could allow for erode compounding across motos correct?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

supercrosspig wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:12 am I think there's a lot of potential with this because it could allow for erode compounding across motos correct?
No that's a separate issue. This would basically make editing work by sending commands to the server and having the server broadcast those commands back to all the clients.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

supercrosspig wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:12 am I think there's a lot of potential with this because it could allow for erode compounding across motos correct?
To make something like this work the track changes made from erode would essentially need to be stored onto the server some way so that when a client disconnects and reconnects it would be synced with all the other clients.