Question?

Think someone needs to be banned? Post it here
Travis107
Crushed Dissenter

Question?

Post by Travis107 »

Not to be rude but why do we get banned? We pay 40 dollars to buy a game, then get banned from playing it? I dont understand. We dont buy a PS3 and get banned from PSN for going on Reflex and taking some guy out, and talking smack over the mic. But once we get here its a big deal? I just dont understand. If you take a person out even on accident, they always say, "That earned you a ban". Banning people IMO is not even fair. Or necissary. I understand if theres a threat, or personal convertation. But over a game, geting banned... Hmm? Its kind of weird. Not trying to get banned or anything. Just a question. Why pay money to a game, then get banned playing it? Half of these people are kids. Kids do some stupid things. Banning them isnt going to help. Thats like showing up to real race, paying entry fee etc.. And get DQed and cant race the rest of the series becasue you block past someone. Or said, "you suck blah blah blah" Racing is racing, and its a game. I can understand if someone goes in the MXoN and takes everyone out, but on just a stock server? Its just, I dont know, dumb. Again, this is not trying to be a d**k or a smart a** but I just wounder.. I almost got banned. I am not mad about that. But why do people flip over such little things? Guys, we need to get over ourselves. Really, having less people play this game and go on forums discouraging ot wont help JLV out at all. He makes a great game, but banning people makes it seen as if you just get our money, and thats it. I dont know, maybe this post was unessicary, delete it if you want. Not trying to bag on the game or community.. Just want to know why we try to ban people? Its like ime out for a child I guess. We all have to learn somehow, and banning was the answer. But if people got banned form Xbox and PS3 they would go outta buisness quick!

Please, I just want a real response from this. Or delete by an admin...
JP37R
Team: JPR

Re: Question?

Post by JP37R »

well, you can still play the game, just not on JLV's servers 01,02,03,20 however you can still play on 04, and private servers. If you and your friends want to get together on your own server, then you can make your own rules and goon around as much as you want.

People get mad because it is a "racing" game, and when people just begin blatantly ramming others, cutting the track etc... it really ruins the racing experience, not to mention, this game takes a lot of time to get proficient at playing, then to have some goon ram into you every time you get close to him is extremely frustrating. Some guys playing might be on their personal best lap ever for a given track then get blasted by someone who isn't even racing = pissed off, again ruining the racing experience.

Banning is fair. It's fair to those who want to race without fear of being goon-hammered in the next turn. It's fair to those who want to race with others cleanly as possible, simulating a real life experience. After all, it's not just a game, this is a Simulator. Gooning 300 foot airs and riding backwards on the track are not indicative of the way you would ride at your next race, and you aren't going to beg for a restart in real life cause you didn't get the holeshot you thought you should have had.

That being said, this is not just any game, this is a MX Simulator (hence the name) the price to pay for gooning into other riders in real life would likely be much higher than simply being DQ'd from a series, it could cause injuries bad enough to never ride again. Many of us look at this game as a substitute for when we can't get out and ride a real bike, and our in-game etiquette is a reflection of our real life on-track behavior. Some of the battles in-game get my adrenaline going just like a real life battle and the more laps it goes racing clean and battling for position make it even more intense.
dearnhardtfan7
Team: Privateer

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

JLV has said many times that hes not going to ban someone for "rough racing". There is a difference in making a hard pass and cleaning someone out. The ones that get banned are the ones that cut corners just to catch the person they want and broadside them. That is not racing.

The rest of us paid our money to be able to play the game the correct way and have fun racing other people. I didn't pay my money to have someone cross the track in 5th pinned and clean me out because they think its funny. If you were JLV who would you rather have around? The guys that are attracting more players with the close fun racing, or the guys who drive people away by screwing around taking random people out?

Plus he doesn't ever start with a permanent ban. You get 2 warnings before the perma. If you don't get it after those 2 chances then you don't deserve the privilege of playing online.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Travis107
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Travis107 »

You guys totally made me think twice about this post. Really, you both explaned perfectly what should be done. Thank you.
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Thank you for going about asking your question in a rational respectful manner. Its refreshing when you can tell someone has put a little thought into what they are posting. Not just yelling (typing in all caps lol) and ranting about something and then completely blowing off any response they get because they are always right. Have fun and see you online sometime :)
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
Images381

Post by Images381 »

JP37R wrote:our in-game etiquette is a reflection of our real life on-track behavior.
I Dont think thatstrue at all.for ex. im quite quick in real life and pretty aggresive but im fairly slow and passivein game and i can be a pretty big d*ck on or off the track in real but im a really quite polite rider in the game
DJ wrote: That top creators list is rooted. Don't even take notice of it. I'm not even on the darn thing.
motoxlova#1
Team: Free lancer

Post by motoxlova#1 »

For people who don't want to read through the f***ed up colors.
Wild Card wrote: I Dont think that true at all. for ex. im quite quick in real life and pretty aggresive but im fairly slow and passive in game and i can be a pretty big d*ck on or off the track in real but im a really quite polite rider in the game.
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

Wild Card wrote:
JP37R wrote:our in-game etiquette is a reflection of our real life on-track behavior.
I Dont think thatstrue at all.for ex. im quite quick in real life and pretty aggresive but im fairly slow and passivein game and i can be a pretty big d*ck on or off the track in real but im a really quite polite rider in the game
kawi43 wrote:images was my friend... and he is wildcard on here btw
Images, you are far from polite in-game. IDK about real life, but I know none of the guys I ride with put up with stupid moves on bikes. I've seen plenty of quick riders get booted from the track because they think they can argue about the rules or start confrontations in the pits or with the event staff. IDK about where you race, but theres a lot of families that attend the races I go to, and there's plenty of dads that are aggressive about thier kids having a good experience and not seeing negative dickhead behavior from track brats.
Travis107
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Travis107 »

To be honest, I sounded kind of rude in that first post. My bad if anyone took it the wrong way. But thank you guys, you did answer my question. Banning is a good way to straighten people out. I know now not to take people out, its just not worth the ban. And when I hit something. I stop in the race and say, "My bad, or I am sorry". IMO if we take someone out, stop, wait, and let them pass then go. That will help the banning situation alot. People just dont understand that you cant slow down that quick before a corner so we accedentliy (sorry for my spelling) use them as a barriar! Not to be a d**k, but to save time from flipping off the track for miles. Thats isnt fun at all lol. But really, I understand the banning. So thank you for all the responses! :D