Quick suspension help

Post your questions here
ddmx

Quick suspension help

Post by ddmx »

compression and rebound, 100% is 0 clicks out, 0% is how many clicks out in game? 16? Also, how does oil level translate into oil height? I.D. of the fork tube?

going off these mxa recommended settings:

For hardcore racing, these are MXA’s recommended 2011 Honda CRF250 fork settings (when changed, stock settings are in parentheses):
Spring rate: 0.46 kg/mm (0.45 kg/mm)
Oil quantity: 342cc
Compression: 8 clicks out (13 clicks out)
Rebound: 8 clicks out
HPSD: 4 clicks out (7 clicks out)
Fork leg height: Flush with top clamp
Notes: The 48mm Showa forks come with a separate aluminum screw on top of the fork legs. Don’t use it to bleed air out of the forks! It is only to be unscrewed when the forks are being serviced. Use the brass screw to bleed air out of the fork legs. We believe that any rider over 165 pounds would benefit from stiffer fork springs.

A: Here is what the MXA wrecking crew ran in its 2011 CRF250 (when changed, stock settings are in parentheses):
Spring rate: 5.3 kg/mm
Race sag: 105mm
Hi-compression: 1-1/16 turns out
Lo-compression: 7 clicks out
Rebound: 10 clicks out (11 clicks out)
Notes: The shock is very sensitive to high-speed compression. Heavier riders should go in 1/4 turn on high-speed compression and set the sag at 100mm, but only if stiffer fork springs have been installed.
ddmx

Re: Quick suspension help

Post by ddmx »

ddmx wrote:compression and rebound, 100% is 0 clicks out, 0% is how many clicks out in game? 16? Also, how does oil level translate into oil height? I.D. of the fork tube?
Anybody?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It's just 50% to 150% of the base damping. I'd need fork and shock dynos from every bike to make it match the clickers.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Derohk
Team: Privateer

Post by Derohk »

i dont see oil quantity in CC only MM
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Much appreciated meester van der hoof.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

By base damping do you mean 50 in game?

What's about the amount of oil the forks can hold? If I knew that I could do some math to get about the size in cc's, of course it won't be exact but I think it'd be close enough (using eqautions for cylinders).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Yes, I meant 50 in game.

The game assumes the fork sliders are 48mm. It doesn't care about the oil volume, all that matters is the extended air volume and the collapsed air volume.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Thanks again :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.