SERVER ALWAYS SAYS "Can't reslove address"?

Post your questions here
smelser850_racing
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Smelser Racing

SERVER ALWAYS SAYS "Can't reslove address"?

Post by smelser850_racing »

I have a problem with my server . they won' work it always says can't reslove address and I know that im putting in the right address.
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Re: SERVER ALWAYS SAYS "Can't reslove address"?

Post by haydugjr »

smelser850_racing wrote:I have a problem with my server . they won' work it always says can't reslove address and I know that im putting in the right address.
You need to open the ports for the server on your router and on the firewall.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
smelser850_racing
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Smelser Racing

Post by smelser850_racing »

Thanks dude! that help my problem
Tevis52
Team: Privateer

Post by Tevis52 »

Same thing happened to me... I checked to see if i had my reg key there still.. it showed i didnt so i put it back and i tryed again and it worked :wink:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

"Can't resolve address" means it can't convert the domain name (e.g. "elsinore.mxsimulator.com") to an IP address (64.85.168.206 for elsinore). It's hard for me to guess why your DNS resolver isn't working.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
gusi_33

Post by gusi_33 »

Hi, i have a problem with "contacting server". My windows and router firewalls are disabled, i wirte the server direction 100% correct, i have opened ports 19800 through 19900 of my router and i've tried pretty much everything i know and read on the forums but i still get the contacting server thing everytime i try to connect to a server. I have the latest snapshot of the game. Please, help.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I didn't see your IP address in the elsinore.mxsimulator.com:19800 server's log, so assuming you tried to connect there your outgoing packets are getting blocked. Virus blockers will block ports so you might want to try temporarily disabling your virus blocker to see if that's stopping you.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
gusi_33

Post by gusi_33 »

i don't have an antivirus either, still not working, i don't understand why is not working. A week ago was working fine and i didn't change anything before it started going badly. Plus, i can play other games with no problems. Any more suggestions?
Thanks anyways.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If the ports are open and the address is correct it should work. I guess you could try a tracert to the server you're trying to contact.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
teddy35

Post by teddy35 »

bonjour je voudrais savoir pourquoi sa me met cant resolve adresse quand je veut me co a un serve ?