MXS freezes a lot

Post your questions here
ShortyMX
Team: Skullcandy

MXS freezes a lot

Post by ShortyMX »

Hey guys,

I've been playing MX Simulator for quite a while on a shitty laptop now, so I've recently bought a middle class gaming PC. I copy and pasted some skins and tracks to the new PC and also changed some setting (graphic and bike wise). I now often have the problem that it simply freezes- Often during the loading screen, but also sometimes at the start and so on. The PC reacts very weird to it, because the only thing that happens is the loading cursor. I've got to close the whole thing through the task manager, and even then it doesn't close but shows typical 'MX.exe has stopped working' screen before finally closing.
I've never had these problems on the laptop (Sometimes the game crashed while starting it for the first time, but this doesn't happen on my new PC). I'm running Windows 7 Professional, before that Home Premium. (Also, I downloaded the setup for the game on the old laptop and then installed it on the pc. Is that the problem maybe?)
Thanks for helping me!
ImageImageImage
ShortyMX

Re: MXS freezes a lot

Post by ShortyMX »

Also, I just saw that there was a snapshot available, downloaded it but when I try to install it, it just says 'Can't find game data'
ImageImageImage
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

You don't install snapshots you rename them to "mx.exe" in the Program Files (x86) folder.

Your install process for the game seems weird and I'm not entirely sure if all the file extensions are there. You copy/paste'd the Program Files/Personal Folder file extensions then ran the update installers?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
ShortyMX

Post by ShortyMX »

Pumaxcs wrote:You don't install snapshots you rename them to "mx.exe" in the Program Files (x86) folder.

Your install process for the game seems weird and I'm not entirely sure if all the file extensions are there. You copy/paste'd the Program Files/Personal Folder file extensions then ran the update installers?
Well I downloaded the mx.exe setup on my laptop and installed it on the PC. Then I added some user made stuff from my old personal folder into the new one.
That was the case until I asked my question.

Then I saw the new snapshot, downloaded it and when I clicked on it, it said 'can't find game data'
ImageImageImage
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Try using lower texture settings. The freezes are likely from swapping textures from system memory or disk if it's really bad.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ShortyMX

Post by ShortyMX »

jlv wrote:Try using lower texture settings. The freezes are likely from swapping textures from system memory or disk if it's really bad.
I've set everything at the half way point and it didn't work. It seems like it also just freezes with certain bikes and tracks.
ImageImageImage
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

What are the specs for your system? Are you using the right drivers?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ShortyMX

Post by ShortyMX »

AMD FX-6300 Prozessor 6 x 3,5GHz
8gb DDR3 RAM
ASUS M5A78L-M Mainboard
1TB SATA III Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GTX960 2gb RAM
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Drivers should be right, since every other programm/game runs great
ImageImageImage
ShortyMX

Post by ShortyMX »

I will try to uninstall MX Sim and then download it on this PC again, maybe that fixes the problem.
ImageImageImage
ShortyMX

Post by ShortyMX »

This also didn't work. (After reinstalling the game, all settings were still there, maybe I made a mistake?)
I also noticed that the game freezes everytime I cross the finish line in Time Trial. On my old laptop it did this too, but after a few seconds the ghost seemed to be loaded and then it worked...
ImageImageImage
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Does turning off demo recording fix it?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
ShortyMX

Post by ShortyMX »

No, that didn't fix it. I just replaced a few skins that seemed to freeze the computer with newly downloaded ones and it seemed to work. I'm guessing that's the problem, also with the ghosts in time trial. I don't know why they don't work on this pc anymore but I guess they're the problem. Thanks for the help!
ImageImageImage
Worldeater

Post by Worldeater »

Just saw this topic after a quick google search because the game has been freezing for me on normal High Detail settings and I just thought I'd report that turning off "record demo" did seem to fix the issue for me.

Is there a setting I should change so I can potentially record demos again without seeing the frame drops/stutters

Just incase:

Ryzen 7 3700X (mildly overclocked)
GTX 1660 Super (mildly overclocked)
16gb RAM
Game is running on SSD