AMD Settings or Do I need to upgrade?

Post your questions here
jknapp211
Team: Privateer

AMD Settings or Do I need to upgrade?

Post by jknapp211 »

Hey everyone,

I recently got back into playing after about 5 years off. I've never been the most tech savvy person when it comes to this kind of stuff. Here are my specs.

Windows 10 64 bit
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-core Processor 3.5ghz
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition
16GB of DDR4 RAM

I went ahead and removed the stock model replacement packs and have been downloading the low res tracks. It shows on the FPS counter I'm pretty much always over 100 FPS, a lot of times maxed out on 125 but there seems to be a stutter. It's playable, but after watching a few RF livestreams I can tell it's definitely not right. Anyone have any tips for settings maybe with the graphics card, or is this system just outdated. All my years of playing back in the day I always struggled with performance. Racing with 35-40 fps or even lower sometimes. I'm ready to get this game running the best I can, super crucial now with erode and everyone being so fast lol. I see most people run intel, should I look into upgrading? I just can't believe I can run a game like Red dead redemption 2 on pretty much ultra and average 60 fps, but I get so much stuttering when I'm racing SX with 20 riders.

Thanks in advance for any input.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Re: AMD Settings or Do I need to upgrade?

Post by VUSTTOS »

Welcome to Mx Simulator : )
Alex V111#1017
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

There isn't anything wrong with your computer. MXS just runs better on Intel because of single-core performance. Overclock your CPU and don't run max settings, you'll be fine. Most of the top competitive people will run low detail tracks/obj's, etc because they want to ensure the frame rate over looks. Don't set a standard that isn't there.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jknapp211
Team: Privateer

Post by jknapp211 »

Thanks for the input Puma. Downloading the low or medium tracks and removing the stockmodelreplacement was big, but I still have some random stuttering and FPS with the graphics low. I've read that disabling threaded optimization may help but AMD doesn't have that option. May just go Intel,nvidia.