Why sim is broken?

Post your questions here
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Why sim is broken?

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Can someone help me out?

So my issues is that i pretty much have 125fps everytimes but its not smooth at all, it feel like i got only 80fps Its pretty boring and i dont know what to do, i got this:

i7 8700k (stock)
GTX 1080
16GB ram
144Hz monitor (Acer XF240H)

My in game graphics setup (already try to lower them and it does nothing):

Ground detail = 100
Ground texture detail = 10
Ground texture dim = 256x256
Ground mipmaps = Yes
Texture compress = No
Render texture = Shaders/Copy
Use shader = Yes
Roost density = 0
Reshade delay = 8
Lens flare = No
Reflections = Yes
Model detail = 100
Model texture detail = 10

i am also using thoses setups: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 41#p777441 (i already tried to get rid of them and run it stock but its not better)

Its happening on pretty much all tracks, some tracks more than others tho.

And its happening only on Sim, like i can play Warzone with almost maxed out graphics at 110-120fps no problem.

So if anyone can help me out or idk, thanks!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Why sim is broken?

Post by jlv »

Are you running Shaders/Copy because of some problem with Shaders/Direct?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
RFX_corentin_12

No to be honest i dont really know why i'm running Coopy and not Direct lol, what is the difference between the two?

but like its been 10yrs since i play this game and i dont really know what some graphics setup are, like the "Ground mipmap", i dont know what it does, i dont know if its better to have it on yes or no
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

jlv wrote:Are you running Shaders/Copy because of some problem with Shaders/Direct?
I was told the game runs more efficient with Shaders copy over Shaders direct, is this false?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Copy might be faster on really old hardware that has a separate memory bus for the framebuffer. The reason people think it's faster in MXS is because it silently limits the texture resolution to 256x256, so if you're running a crippling 1024x1024 setting it'll be faster with copy since it's limited to 256x256.

The reason I ask is because I'd like to be able to use the direct/FBO way and not bother with the old way anymore. I've had lots of trouble with drivers having buggy FBO support in the past so I was curious if it was still causing problems.

For your FPS issue, does it improve it if you turn ground detail and model texture detail all the way down?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
RFX_corentin_12

jlv wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:56 am Copy might be faster on really old hardware that has a separate memory bus for the framebuffer. The reason people think it's faster in MXS is because it silently limits the texture resolution to 256x256, so if you're running a crippling 1024x1024 setting it'll be faster with copy since it's limited to 256x256.

The reason I ask is because I'd like to be able to use the direct/FBO way and not bother with the old way anymore. I've had lots of trouble with drivers having buggy FBO support in the past so I was curious if it was still causing problems.

For your FPS issue, does it improve it if you turn ground detail and model texture detail all the way down?
No it doesn’t do anything, like I said my fps are good, like I got 125fps all the times but it just does not feel smooth at all and feel like 80fps, so idk

What the « ground mipmap » is? Like is it better to have it on yes or no?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:01 am No it doesn’t do anything, like I said my fps are good, like I got 125fps all the times but it just does not feel smooth at all and feel like 80fps, so idk

It enables mipmaps for the terrain textures. Mipmaps make textures look smoother at a distance. You only want to disable it if you're using an Intel GPU with buggy mipmap support on generated textures.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
RFX_corentin_12

jlv wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:21 am
RFX_corentin_12 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:01 am No it doesn’t do anything, like I said my fps are good, like I got 125fps all the times but it just does not feel smooth at all and feel like 80fps, so idk

It enables mipmaps for the terrain textures. Mipmaps make textures look smoother at a distance. You only want to disable it if you're using an Intel GPU with buggy mipmap support on generated textures.
okay thanks