FPS is stuck at below 60

Post your questions here
yukiboy359
Team: Privateer

FPS is stuck at below 60

Post by yukiboy359 »

Hi
I'm having some weird problem regarding FPS.
I use 2020 DELL XPS17(9700) with intel core i710875(UHD Graphics) and NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 Max-Q.

I have my settings changed to Vertical Sync OFF for Nvidia control, and Highest performance for battery setting.
I also changed Graphic setting for MXSIM and turned RTX2060 on as its preferred graphic option.

With those in line, I'm still stuck at below 60 FPS.
What's more funny about, is when I select UHD Graphics for MXSIM's preferred Graphic,
the FPS goes up to around 125, WTF.

If you have any idea what is happening, please give me your advise.

Thank you
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: FPS is stuck at below 60

Post by motokid499 »

Do you have Nvidia geforce experience? Sometimes there's a setting enabled in there that locks your fps to 60 when you're on battery. Does it run 125fps when the laptop is plugged in?
Tanner Rogers
yukiboy359

Post by yukiboy359 »

motokid499 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:58 pm Do you have Nvidia geforce experience? Sometimes there's a setting enabled in there that locks your fps to 60 when you're on battery. Does it run 125fps when the laptop is plugged in?
Thank you for your kind explanation.
This is actually my first experience of Graphic card itself.
I was on a lower voltage charger and haven't tried it out with the stock charger.
I'll check what FPS i get tomorrow :D

Thank you again,
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

yukiboy359 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:53 pm I was on a lower voltage charger and haven't tried it out with the stock charger.
This will be why. In most cases when your laptop is plugged in, it it's routing power directly from the PSU or the "power brick" in your laptop charger. It doesn't go charger>battery>laptop, it goes charger>laptop>excess power tops up battery. So if the wattage isn't rated high enough to supply all your components, it won't draw the extra power from the battery because it thinks it'll get all the power you need from the charger.
Tanner Rogers
yukiboy359

Post by yukiboy359 »

motokid499 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:14 pm
yukiboy359 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:53 pm I was on a lower voltage charger and haven't tried it out with the stock charger.
This will be why. In most cases when your laptop is plugged in, it it's routing power directly from the PSU or the "power brick" in your laptop charger. It doesn't go charger>battery>laptop, it goes charger>laptop>excess power tops up battery. So if the wattage isn't rated high enough to supply all your components, it won't draw the extra power from the battery because it thinks it'll get all the power you need from the charger.
thanks once again for your reply.
I don't know why but it still roams at around 60FPS.
With the combination of intel core i7 10875 and Geforce RTX2060 max-Q, it is capable of achieving stable 100FPS IMO.
Are there any screenshot of setting you can have a look ?
sorry for my ignorance :(