Binding controller buttons

Post your questions here
Nauris47

Binding controller buttons

Post by Nauris47 »

Does anyone know how can i bind two different button on controller to act as one action ? I tried to do it in the config by adding extra line in the config lean_forward_key=(k)BluetoothXINPUTcompatibleinputdevice button 5

and leave extra line for the leaning forward for another button:
lean_forward_key=(-0.062927,-0.937500)BluetoothXINPUTcompatibleinputdevice axis 1

But i think once you start the game, the config overwrites and then im left with one button again...
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Binding controller buttons

Post by jlv »

You can't do that now. I probably will add that capability in the future.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
JiBuS

Post by JiBuS »

Is it considered as a "cheat" if someone use a program to do that?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I wouldn't consider it cheating. There are programs that will let you do macros like that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
JiBuS

Post by JiBuS »

jlv wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:29 am I wouldn't consider it cheating. There are programs that will let you do macros like that.
Ok thanks, and is there a way to use mouse axis in MXSIM?
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

jlv wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:29 am I wouldn't consider it cheating. There are programs that will let you do macros like that.
I know a few people use xpadder to have both brakes set to trigger, as well as having a separate rear brake button. I tried it out but the problem is if you are setting one bind from both an axis and a button, it treats the axis as a button. For example if I do rear brake on my trigger with my front brake, it uses the axis fine, but as soon as I add that secondary button it turns the back brake to a button even on the trigger. I can't use xpadder for that reason, I feel like not having axis control of my brakes is worse than not having them at all.

Implementation to allow different buttons for the same control while maintaining axis would be amazing. I know we can use one button for two binds already, Ive had my clutch and back brake on the same button for years.
JiBuS wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:01 pm Ok thanks, and is there a way to use mouse axis in MXSIM?
There are programs you can download that trick your pc into thinking your mouse input is a controller joystick. You can also use an external device like the XIM.
Tanner Rogers
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Yeah, I will add secondary actions for that. I find myself wishing I could have both the controller and keyboard bound simultaneously when I'm testing stuff.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Pls
Tanner Rogers
Secede
Team: Privateer

Post by Secede »

jlv wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:53 am Yeah, I will add secondary actions for that. I find myself wishing I could have both the controller and keyboard bound simultaneously when I'm testing stuff.
+1

Pls do that JLV.
Binding Multiple Buttons to one Function would be really nice to have.

sry for my bad english and thank you for this amazing game.
jlv wrote:I played a lot of 1v1 at first then threewave capturestrike and ultra freeze tag. I'd say what my name was but it'd ruin my facade of professionalism...