My game freezes when I record demo

Post your questions here
Ash
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

My game freezes when I record demo

Post by Ash »

Hi !

Since I switched to new processor (from i7 6700 to AMD Ryzen 7 5800X), my game freezes during few micro-seconds randomly. I have noticed, this freeze only appends when I turn ON the record demo in the New Race settings.
Can you help to stop this freeze ?

My specs:
  • Windows 10 20H2
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (8-Core 3.8GHz)
  • GTX 1080
  • 32Gb RAM 3100MHz
  • Mx Simulator is installed on NVMe SSD
  • Personnal folder is on the same SSD
I saw this topic but JLV doesn't answer: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 72441eba20
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: My game freezes when I record demo

Post by motokid499 »

Hopefully someone knows the fix. I had the same issue with my Ryzen 5600x, ended up going back to intel because I couldn't figure it out. Even with demos not recording you'll get weird micro stutters compared to intel.
Tanner Rogers
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Make sure write caching is enabled. In my experience it always is but the drivers just don't work for some reason, so there is no solution I'm aware of. The same system probably runs fine on Linux.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

jlv wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:24 am The same system probably runs fine on Linux.
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

jlv wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:24 am Make sure write caching is enabled.
My write caching is already enable on all my hard drive.
Why the problem is only here with AMD processor ? My previous specs was much worse than my new but I have more problems with Mx Simulator now than before ...
I have the feeling this freeze append when my rider hit huge collision with the track after big jump or during rapide jump for example.
jlv wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:24 am The same system probably runs fine on Linux.
Unfortunatly, I can't switch to linux
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Ash wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:31 pm My write caching is already enable on all my hard drive.
Why the problem is only here with AMD processor ? My previous specs was much worse than my new but I have more problems with Mx Simulator now than before ...
I have the feeling this freeze append when my rider hit huge collision with the track after big jump or during rapide jump for example.
I'm pretty sure there have been Intel users with the same problem. It's the motherboard/chipset drivers. You have write caching enabled but it's still blocking on writes. What motherboard are you using and are the chipset drivers installed?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

jlv wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:10 am I'm pretty sure there have been Intel users with the same problem. It's the motherboard/chipset drivers. You have write caching enabled but it's still blocking on writes. What motherboard are you using and are the chipset drivers installed?
Write caching was already enabled. I have MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk motherboard and Yes, my chipset drivers are up to date. When I switched to my new specs, I have did a clear install of windows on my new NVMe SSD to be sure I will have no problem with my new components.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Ash wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:42 am Write caching was already enabled. I have MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk motherboard and Yes, my chipset drivers are up to date. When I switched to my new specs, I have did a clear install of windows on my new NVMe SSD to be sure I will have no problem with my new components.
If you're using the AMD disk driver, try rolling back to the Microsoft driver.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Ash
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ash »

I have already the AHCI STATA standard driver :?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Yeah, I've never managed to solve this for anyone. It's likely it's just Windows being buggy garbage. Write caching is something the OS should just do transparently. Here's another thing to try. He's using a MSI b550 board so maybe it'll work for you too.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com