How to change snapshot and folder where connect to server sends.

Post your questions here
makuke12fan2
Team: KTM Racing

How to change snapshot and folder where connect to server sends.

Post by makuke12fan2 »

If i press connect to server on mx sim server index it sends me to 1.13 and says there is no track. How to change snapshot and folder where it sends u?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: How to change snapshot and folder where connect to server sends.

Post by jlv »

It looks for "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\mx.exe" by default. The .exe is hidden in file explorer so it'll just show as an application named "mx". You need to copy the snapshot over that file.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
makuke12fan2

Post by makuke12fan2 »

jlv wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:53 pm It looks for "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\mx.exe" by default. The .exe is hidden in file explorer so it'll just show as an application named "mx". You need to copy the snapshot over that file.
but how to see where is folder do i like click inspect to connect server or how do i know where it sends me to?
makuke12fan2

Post by makuke12fan2 »

jlv wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:53 pm It looks for "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\mx.exe" by default. The .exe is hidden in file explorer so it'll just show as an application named "mx". You need to copy the snapshot over that file.
where can i see what folder is mx.exe in because i dont have the same one i have some other
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

If you have a shortcut on the desktop that you normally launch the game from, right click on that and go to properties. Then under target it should be a path to where it is.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

makuke12fan2 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:47 pm
but how to see where is folder do i like click inspect to connect server or how do i know where it sends me to?
It's been a while since I wrote the install script but I believe this is the relevant registry key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mxsimulator\shell\open\command
Use regedit to check the key.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.