Slow load times on high end system

Post your questions here
M66
Team: Privateer

Slow load times on high end system

Post by M66 »

Hi guys, I am experiencing some slow load times, not just on "loading bikes" but also seem to get stuck on LOD Textures, Decals, and Statues. I am thinking it has something to do with my NVIDIA settings, everything is brand new on my system so it isn't hardware issues (I also tested everything just to be sure).

I had no problem running graphics maxed out on my previous system with much faster load times, which is why I am thinking it is something outside of the game settings directly. I have searched the forums and used some previous suggestions, but nothing has seemed to help much yet. Keep in mind this is strictly my load times, my FPS is maxed out.

For comparison, my last system had about half the power and handled this exact graphics settings setup in maybe 5-6 seconds tops. the current system is taking 30-40 seconds to load a standard race without a ton of other rider skins or anything crazy.

My System hardware for reference:

My Current NVIDIA Control Panel Settings:

In-game graphics settings:
JamesLayle721
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JL Designs

Re: Slow load times on high end system

Post by JamesLayle721 »

Your game load time speed will always be slow, having good specs means being able to run those high graphics very smoothly, not loading in faster. (I only read title and saw your specs, tell me if I missed anything)
Discord: James Layle#0721
JamesLayle721
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JL Designs

Post by JamesLayle721 »

JamesLayle721 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:53 pm Your game load time speed will always be slow, having good specs means being able to run those high graphics very smoothly, not loading in faster. (I only read title and saw your specs, tell me if I missed anything)
Just saw your graphics, they are very high, 1024x1024 can easily crash your game when you load in and also slow down your load time, use 256x256 if you are actually playing (thats what my friend uses and he has similar specs)
Discord: James Layle#0721
M66

Post by M66 »

JamesLayle721 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:56 pm
JamesLayle721 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:53 pm Your game load time speed will always be slow, having good specs means being able to run those high graphics very smoothly, not loading in faster. (I only read title and saw your specs, tell me if I missed anything)
Just saw your graphics, they are very high, 1024x1024 can easily crash your game when you load in and also slow down your load time, use 256x256 if you are actually playing (thats what my friend uses and he has similar specs)
Understood, but my main question is how my time slowed down so much on the new system when I am using the same in-game graphics settings? That's why I suspected it was an issue with the NVIDIA settings on the new system.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Run an IO benchmark on your new system vs your old system. Maybe your disk drivers aren't working right.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
M66

Post by M66 »

jlv wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:02 pm Run an IO benchmark on your new system vs your old system. Maybe your disk drivers aren't working right.
Using AJA System Test

Current System:
read: 2992 mb/s
write: 2671 mb/s

Previous System:
read: 2532 mb/s
write: 2395 mb/s
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Were you running with "terrain rendering method" in either copy or software mode before? That'll silently limit the terrain texture res to 256x256. So if you're running direct on the new system and copy on the old, the new system would be using 16x the terrain texture memory.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
M66

Post by M66 »

I was using the same settings on both systems, but I switched to "Copy" on the new system which brought my times down to about 30 seconds, but still not ideal & pretty far off of the previous system running otherwise identical in-game setups.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Don't use "copy". Use "direct" and run the textures at 256x256.

I'd suspect something with the disk driver if you're getting slow loading times, but if it benchmarks OK it's hard to say.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com