0ms ping, high "offset". Weird lag issues.

Post your questions here
M66
Team: Privateer

0ms ping, high "offset". Weird lag issues.

Post by M66 »

having a weird issue. nearly 0 Ping consistently, but with fluctuating offset (crazy high numbers), causing rubber band effect in-game (slow motion, then fast motion, then slow motion etc). Other players will lag/flicker, just in general the connection seems horrible. This has happened briefly in the past but was always fixed with a router reset, this time it is non-stop for hours, game is unplayable when it is happening.

This is only happening in sim, across multiple servers. Perfectly fine in other games, also fine in online tests/browsing (250mbs dl speed, wireless)

I have tried resetting the modem, router, re-installing antivirus, checking firewall issues, and still can't find anything that would cause this.

Was perfectly fine yesterday, then today all of a sudden these issues started and won't go away.

I have tried searching the forum and haven't seen anything that has helped.

The game runs at a solid 125fps, never drops, doesn't struggle or stutter at all on that end. Also works perfectly smooth offline.

JLV, insight?
alitneh
Team: Moto.Fails

Re: 0ms ping, high "offset". Weird lag issues.

Post by alitneh »

i have the same thing happening to me. started about 3 days ago
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Sorry, no special insight from me. Could be a problem on any of the routers between you and the server.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
baker

Post by baker »

M66 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:23 am having a weird issue. nearly 0 Ping consistently, but with fluctuating offset (crazy high numbers), causing rubber band effect in-game (slow motion, then fast motion, then slow motion etc). Other players will lag/flicker, just in general the connection seems horrible. This has happened briefly in the past but was always fixed with a router reset, this time it is non-stop for hours, game is unplayable when it is happening.

This is only happening in sim, across multiple servers. Perfectly fine in other games, also fine in online tests/browsing (250mbs dl speed, wireless)

I have tried resetting the modem, router, re-installing antivirus, checking firewall issues, and still can't find anything that would cause this.

Was perfectly fine yesterday, then today all of a sudden these issues started and won't go away.

I have tried searching the forum and haven't seen anything that has helped.

The game runs at a solid 125fps, never drops, doesn't struggle or stutter at all on that end. Also works perfectly smooth offline.

JLV, insight?
I had a similar issue from a stick of bad RAM. My rider would just sort of freeze, my offset would go crazy crazy high, and when it unfroze physics were super fast (similar to what you describe). It also made other players invisible usually. That issue came out of nowhere so I was confused on cause, tried the same, resetting modem/router, trying to reset or upgrade firmware on modem/ router but nothing worked. I stumbled on something on a forum topic digging through posts and saw something mention bad stick of ram. I took out older, lower memory sticks and what do ya know… hasn’t happened since. Like you said, it didn’t seem to happen offline. I would try taking out each stick of ram one by one and testing, albeit you might need to lower settings. There might be some sort of diagnostic tool for testing memory.