i have to type in server name to join

Post your questions here
kaikai
Team: Privateer

i have to type in server name to join

Post by kaikai »

i have to type in server name to join instead of pressing the join button because it doesnt work :?
kaikai

Re: i have to type in server name to join

Post by kaikai »

kaikai wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:17 pm i have to type in server name to join instead of pressing the join button because it doesnt work :?
HELP!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Assuming you installed in the default location, the web links try to run "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\mx.exe". So your exe has to have that exact name. Note that file explorer hides the .exe extension by default, so it will show as an application named "mx" there.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
kaikai

Post by kaikai »

jlv wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:44 am Assuming you installed in the default location, the web links try to run "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\mx.exe". So your exe has to have that exact name. Note that file explorer hides the .exe extension by default, so it will show as an application named "mx" there.
huh, can you simplify please lol
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

kaikai wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:07 am
jlv wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:44 am Assuming you installed in the default location, the web links try to run "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\mx.exe". So your exe has to have that exact name. Note that file explorer hides the .exe extension by default, so it will show as an application named "mx" there.
Open a file explorer. Open the "C" drive. Open "Program Files (x86)". Open "MX Simulator". Rename the snapshot executable to "mx".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
kaikai

Post by kaikai »

jlv wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:52 am
kaikai wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:07 am
Open a file explorer. Open the "C" drive. Open "Program Files (x86)". Open "MX Simulator". Rename the snapshot executable to "mx".
ight thank you