Suspension/setup help

Post your questions here
Rodgers344
Team: Privateer

Suspension/setup help

Post by Rodgers344 »

Been playing for a few years now but finally at the point I want to get into the RF series. I would say I'm pretty happy with my skillset but I'm struggling when it comes to my settings. On sx I cant seem to get the gearing right for the 250 to get enough acceleration for some of the rhythms. It also feels like the rear end sags and I cant get pop between jumps. The other big issue I'm having is the rear end just sliding out as I'm slowing into corners. If anybody could help me try to understand some of the settings to get a better idea of what to adjust that would be dope.
Noah124
Team: Goated

Re: Suspension/setup help

Post by Noah124 »

A lot of people use different gearings based on preference. I personally have found a liking for 0 -1, but it may be difficult for a more beginner player to learn sx on a longer gearing. You could try 0 1 or -1 1 which are both good for sx. -1 1 is a bit shorter which will cause you to shift more, but have more acceleration. A big thing with sx is downsizing the jumps in the rhythm perfectly to get the speed for the next jump. Also, if its a big stretch seat bouncing will help plenty! The rear end sliding into corners can be caused by shifting down too quick without being on the gas or possibly sitting down too early before the turn. I have found that leaning forward in the turns also helps quite a bit. Lastly dab speed can be a huge help with corner stability. That setting changes the speed in mph in which your leg will come off the bike when leaning over. This setting is also mainly preference, but anywhere between 35-55 should be a good starting point. I hope this helped a bit!
Rodgers344
Team: Privateer

Post by Rodgers344 »

Noah124 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:26 pm A lot of people use different gearings based on preference. I personally have found a liking for 0 -1, but it may be difficult for a more beginner player to learn sx on a longer gearing. You could try 0 1 or -1 1 which are both good for sx. -1 1 is a bit shorter which will cause you to shift more, but have more acceleration. A big thing with sx is downsizing the jumps in the rhythm perfectly to get the speed for the next jump. Also, if its a big stretch seat bouncing will help plenty! The rear end sliding into corners can be caused by shifting down too quick without being on the gas or possibly sitting down too early before the turn. I have found that leaning forward in the turns also helps quite a bit. Lastly dab speed can be a huge help with corner stability. That setting changes the speed in mph in which your leg will come off the bike when leaning over. This setting is also mainly preference, but anywhere between 35-55 should be a good starting point. I hope this helped a bit!
This actually helped a lot! The gearing change definitely made a difference at 01 and i noticed a change in corners too. Do you have any tips for feeling like you have more control?
Stability is 15
Leveling is 18
Rider mass is .33
Vertical and forward spring both 95
Vertical and forward damping both 10
Noah124

Post by Noah124 »

To start off I would put leveling somewhere between 20-25 and roll dampening somewhere between 55-60. Try different settings and see what you like best! #1 Tip in mx simulator is that the main stability setting should stay the same all the time because if you change it your entire advanced stability will change with it. That main slider does not change feeling in any way.
Noah124

Post by Noah124 »

Also, you should be using a rider mass of somewhere around .46 - .48
baker

Post by baker »

Noah124 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:10 am Also, you should be using a rider mass of somewhere around .46 - .48
You can even go up to .49/.50 (I've seen setups with this) but in general, setups are "what feels good". What's helped me on 250s is throttle control.. you can carry more speed with higher gears by not losing traction.